Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tombarnes

Livingston Village

6 posts in this topic

Livingston Village

The Jackson Redevelopment Authority has approved the construction of Livingston Village, a 550 unit apartment complex near Jackson State University. Has anyone heard anything more about this project?

The Clarion Ledger

Livingston Village

The Jackson Redevelopment Authority has approved the construction of Livingston Village, a 550 unit apartment complex near Jackson State University. Has anyone heard anything more about this project?

The Clarion Ledger

More About Livingston Village

Livingston Village will be a mixed-use development with townhouses and condominiums on a parcel in West Jackson which once housed the Hood Furniture plant. I applaud the idea, but as you can see in the comments associated with the story in the Clarion Ledger, the naysayers are at it again. A few of the problems they mention have validity. The schools in this area aren't very good. One must start somewhere, so this seems as good a place as anywhere. The newspaper article has only a drawing of the plan, so I'll be off to find more information.

The Clarion-Ledger

Council delays vote on Livingston Village

Siting concern over streets, drainage, and sewer, city coucil memebers Ward 2 Councilman Leslie McLemore, Ward 5 Councilman Charles Tillman, Council President Frank Bluntson and Ward 3 Kenny Stokes delayed the vote for thirty days. Ward 7 Councilwoman Margaret Barrett-Simon opposed the delay.

I hope this project doesn't dies, it seems like a good win for the city of Jackson.

Clarion Ledger

Why am I not surprised? Ugh, I hope this goes through.

More Delays from the City Council

The city council voted today to delay their binding vote for another 30 days. Exactly what this is supposed to accomplish, I am not sure. One would think that they would be delighted to have development in this area of the city.

WAPT Channel 16 News