Livingston Village

tombarnes

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More About Livingston Village

Livingston Village will be a mixed-use development with townhouses and condominiums on a parcel in West Jackson which once housed the Hood Furniture plant. I applaud the idea, but as you can see in the comments associated with the story in the Clarion Ledger, the naysayers are at it again. A few of the problems they mention have validity. The schools in this area aren't very good. One must start somewhere, so this seems as good a place as anywhere. The newspaper article has only a drawing of the plan, so I'll be off to find more information.

The Clarion-Ledger

• 3 weeks later...

Council delays vote on Livingston Village

Siting concern over streets, drainage, and sewer, city coucil memebers Ward 2 Councilman Leslie McLemore, Ward 5 Councilman Charles Tillman, Council President Frank Bluntson and Ward 3 Kenny Stokes delayed the vote for thirty days. Ward 7 Councilwoman Margaret Barrett-Simon opposed the delay.

I hope this project doesn't dies, it seems like a good win for the city of Jackson.

Clarion Ledger

• 1 month later...

Archived