Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

memphisvol

Blue Monkey downtown

3 posts in this topic

Living in South Main since 2003, I really miss the Blue Monkey. It was the only neighborhood bar with decent food that we had. Can anyone "in the know" state whether this will ever be rebuilt. They kept pushing back the starting time for constrcution. It's also bad because I think they have options on both the vacant hole at Front and GE Patterson, as well as the center containing the former Alices and Cork Screw (which were additional losses to our area), and given the residential growth in our area, we need to have something developed, although BM is my first choice.

yeah it does make you wonder, i had heard that they were going to use Alice's and the CorkScrew as well, but still haven't seen that happen yet. I do know that a small sports neighborhood bar is supposed to be opening up b/w the Arcade and the Cheesecake Corner sometime soon.

yeah it does make you wonder, i had heard that they were going to use Alice's and the CorkScrew as well, but still haven't seen that happen yet. I do know that a small sports neighborhood bar is supposed to be opening up b/w the Arcade and the Cheesecake Corner sometime soon.