Busch Gardens in Georgia?

brian7270

Has anyone else heard the rumor of a Busch Gardens in Adairsville piggy backing on the new Cabelas store that is going there. Anheiser Busch apparently owns 1200 acres here and I am hearing rumors that are not substantiated at this point that they are planning a Busch Gardens here.

Interestingly, I read somewhere that these Cabelas stores are like Mecca for hunters and fishermen, have a 700 mile demographic reach and generate more visitors than Six Flags. That seems unreal...

Brian

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Yes that is purely a rumor. There are no plans to build a six flags in commerce. The company does not put their theme parks in that close a proximity to one another. Theme parks have a big market radius of several hundred miles.. locating a six flags less than 100 miles from another six flags wouldn't make a lot of economic sense.

Sounds good.

I was in Carnesville Ga. the other day and a lady told me that they were going to build another 6 Flags in Commerce Ga. Not sure if that is purely a rumor or what???

It appears the Cabela store won't be opening in Adairsville anytime soon, if at all. Cabela didn't get the tax perks for the store it wants.

Anheuser-Busch has dangled a Busch Gardens like a golden carrott since the construction of the Cartersville plant yet nothing solid has ever emerged. I suppose in reality it would be too close to the Africa themed Busch Gardens in Tampa and European themed Williamsburg, VA park. It would be in competition with Six Flags and Stone Mountain as well. However, Busch Gardens does well in Virginia despite King's Dominion above Richmond and Busch Gardens has thrived despite Disney World and even operates the SeaWorld in the shadow of Disney and Universal's much newer Islands of Adventure.

A Busch Gardens may be too much for Six Flags, as the corporate parent has had financial problems for the last several years which resulted in the closure of Astroworld in Houston and Six Flags New Orleans(former Jazzland) after Hurricane Katrina. A proposed Six Flags park never opened outside of Indianapolis after Six Flags went as far as buying several rides from Opryland after its closure to use for the park. At the present the theme park market is saturated and Six Flags is doing poorly from an aggressive expansion/acquisition binge and poor decision making regarding its existing properties.

Archived