Master Plan Results

GvilleSC

4 minutes ago, sptgguy said:

Why would Greenville City or County ever follow a plan that has been approved. I mean if they did Woodruff Rd may have never happened and we all know how great it is. :-)

Most of the worse parts of Woodruff are outside the city, and even the parts that are inside weren't when a lot of the development occurred.   The County is pretty much hands-off on development.  

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/2019/05/30/how-downtown-master-plan-greenville-sc-grow/1284140001/

Excerpt:

A detailed proposal for how to fill out the Augusta Street area near Fluor Field and Greenville High calls for new parking garages and a new connector street. 

A large-scale mixed use development would be built on the Greenville Transit Authority that leaders have said will soon be up for sale.

52 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Most of the worse parts of Woodruff are outside the city, and even the parts that are inside weren't when a lot of the development occurred.   The County is pretty much hands-off on development.  

Doesn't change my point. Greenville as a whole (both the city and county) do not have a great track record of following any plan. 

52 minutes ago, gman430 said:

You can put lipstick on a pig and call if what you want but at the end of the day it is still a pig. 

Speaking of pigs, the Henry's Smokehouse building is looking bad. I guess it's all the smoke. It smells good though. 

Edited by gman

In my opinion this is not an actual "plan" but rather a conceptual reference (imaginary/creative vision) to provide ideas for future development opportunities.  A true master plan would establish strict guidelines for future development in each part of downtown.

3 hours ago, sptgguy said:

Doesn't change my point. Greenville as a whole (both the city and county) do not have a great track record of following any plan. 

I disagree. The very city we see today is the result of prior plans. The county has not MADE many plans to begin with. Poinsett being the only exception that comes right to mind.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GVLover said:

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/2019/05/30/how-downtown-master-plan-greenville-sc-grow/1284140001/

Excerpt:

A large-scale mixed use development would be built on the Greenville Transit Authority that leaders have said will soon be up for sale.

The bus station site? Ha. I worked for a company that moved our offices near there more than 10 years ago. They told us that site was about to be sold and turned into a large-scale mixed use development. 10 years ago,

1 hour ago, StrangeCock said:

The bus station site? Ha. I worked for a company that moved our offices near there more than 10 years ago. They told us that site was about to be sold and turned into a large-scale mixed use development. 10 years ago,

The study is referring to the Augusta Street maintenance facility..