What Cell Phone Provider Do You Have?

fsubelch

Are you picking on me and telling me my opinion is wrong? ;) (j/k)

Here's all I know as a simple man and a simple user of Nextel. I left their service only 6 months ago. My calls were consistently dropped between Boca and Ft. Lauderdale on I-95. I had trouble getting service in several areas of the Bay Area of CA including parts of the City (SF.) I had no service from twenty miles out of Tally to about twenty miles before Panama City. In Mexico Beach where my parents live I had to stand outside to have good connection. Now none of this happens w/Verizon, so for me in my tiny little world and what is important to me in that tiny little world, Verizon is a better choice. I find cell phone use like many things in life to be very subjective and based on the needs and demands of the user. So neither of us or anyone on this subject will be right or wrong.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well its basically the best deal ever, lets say you could choose between 3 plans.

1. 500 minutes This includes Unltd Nights and Weekends, Mobile to Mobile, Nights start at 7pm, Unlimited Text and Pix Unlimited Web access Price 30.00 Monthly

2. 1250 Minutes This includes Unltd Nights and Weekends, Mobile to Mobile, Nights start at 7pm, Unlimited Text and Pix Unlimited Web access Price 49.99 Monthly

3. 2500 Minutes This includes Unltd Nights and Weekends, Mobile to Mobile, Nights start at 7pm, Unlimited Text and Pix Unlimited Web access Price 99.99 Monthly

This also applies to Nextel if you so choose. except you enjoy unltd nation wide direct connect..

Hmm, any takers? Poon, Sprint the big yellow suddenly is a bit more appealing than the communist red eh?

This may be a stupid question but I just want to make sure. Are you working for Sprint TD or are you just that happy with them? :)

I've been considering switching carriers but I'm wary of Sprint, my uncle used to work for them and they almost gave him a heartattack.

One thing that is still dreadful on sprint is the Customer Service, its always the worst in the industry but its getting better, the thing is, if you dont call them that often , then why not pay Substantially less than all carriers on my special Plans and enjoy free text and pix plus unlmited internet, at a basement price?

Poon there is no way, make sure his phone is set to roam..... his phone should still be roaming off of your verizon service for free.... If his roaming is turned off, a setting you can change on the phone.. than he wouldnt be able to receive the service... make sure roaming is enabled..

Thanks for the info very much! I get tired of him saying "sweet nothings" all the time w/phone to his gf. It makes my phone sticky! I'll see about changing his phone the next time he visits which should be sometime this month.

What is meant by the term Native Coverage?

I did get coverage in MB, but often it was sketchy coverage when I was inside my parent's house. Outside by the street or on the boat and beach it worked fine.

Native coverage means the companies actual towers..... Like if it were verizon, verizon's native coverage are the towers they own and operate... It is the opposite of roaming, which is other carriers towers you are using.

Also want to make sure roaming is included on his plan..... Most plans have free roaming included, but make sure his plan includes its so he doesnt incurr charges.

Unfortunately though u dont need it, they come on the phone anyways...... Alltel locks most of its file transfer service out so you wont be able to put your own custom ringtones on the phone...

Another downside to CDMA....

But, on the bright side... if you go with sprint, you can save money, and add free custom ringtones through a program i have. :)

I am actually quite surprised at the lack of Kanye West knowledge on Florida's part! I assumed anyone in that age bracket was up on him.

I guess its too much to ask that you know that he uses a sample from a great Daft Punk song off of their fantastic album Discovery. :P

On cell phone note, I do agree that the all in one combo thing can be ridiculous for the average user. But then again, I think the average user is changing into someone who wants a lot of functions available at their fingertips on one device. It certainly can save pocket, messenger bag, ect... room! I remember when cameras were added to cell phones and people thought that was silly. Now its a staple!

I think what a lot of people lack is patience and run to get the next big thing at the big price when just around the corner the cheaper (sometimes better) item is set to arrive. I enjoy having a cell phone credit every two years under Verizon's plan because thats about as long as the phone stays "current." My experience with Verizon has been wonderful and I have yet to ever run into an issue with their service in the many years I have been with them...Looking forward to buying the LG Venus or Chocolate in February with a $100 credit.

You are just a wealth of knowledge today TD!

Tell me, with that 1250 plan, could I get my state employee discount that I'm currently receiving? I have 1000 anytimes, unlimited nights & weekends, unlimited text, no roaming charges, but I don't have free pictures or web, which could come in handy. The deal sounds almost too good to be true.

I am actually quite surprised at the lack of Kanye West knowledge on Florida's part! I assumed anyone in that age bracket was up on him.

I guess its too much to ask that you know that he uses a sample from a great Daft Punk song off of their fantastic album Discovery. :P

On cell phone note, I do agree that the all in one combo thing can be ridiculous for the average user. But then again, I think the average user is changing into someone who wants a lot of functions available at their fingertips on one device. It certainly can save pocket, messenger bag, ect... room! I remember when cameras were added to cell phones and people thought that was silly. Now its a staple!

I think what a lot of people lack is patience and run to get the next big thing at the big price when just around the corner the cheaper (sometimes better) item is set to arrive. I enjoy having a cell phone credit every two years under Verizon's plan because thats about as long as the phone stays "current." My experience with Verizon has been wonderful and I have yet to ever run into an issue with their service in the many years I have been with them...Looking forward to buying the LG Venus or Chocolate in February with a $100 credit.

I may have mentioned this before...

My wife and I signed up with Alltell probably approaching 15 years ago and got one of those huge phone packs that go in the car with a magnetic antenna to put on the roof when you wanted to use it. I wanted to get one for my wife because at the time she started a business with a former friend of ours way out in the middle of nowhere between Tally and Bristol on 20. I did tell them that it was a poor location but did anyone listen to me? Nooooooo!

Anyway, back then no one put limits on minutes used and as such we've kept the same contract all this time which gives us unlimited minutes for no extra charge. We've upgraded phones twice since then but our plan hasn't changed.

Its really amazing, people are so roped into this mentality that they are excited about a credit so they can sign their life away for another 2 years

Contracts are evil do not ever sign another phone contract again if you dont have to, the only thing you are getting is a small discount on the phone.... Trade that for freedom... if you are willing to pay 200.00 for each line if you want to leave within two years then by all means have fun, but I dont intend to sign another cell phone contract again...

You can find used phones on ebay or buy them out right for only 100 -150 more initially.... When you get the discount your basically paying for your early termination fee.... because hey now that you have saved 100- 150 on a new phone... your locked in to two years at 200.00 if you want to leave...

Do the math.

Maybe it's because I haven't had my coffee this morning, but I must say your replies always make me think "jerk" in the back of my brain.

I could care less that I am in a two year contract. My service provider has been tried and true. If good service and good quality is evil then hell is sure a satisfying place to be in...

Why speak in absolutes? Always... so everything i have posted makes you think jerk? thats not very nice...

Also, I agree Sometimes people say things without care, but its not what i mean.....

Im providing a different perspective, perhaps I could have worded it in a nicer way.

The thing to remember is, This is not the best means of communication there for you can easily misinterpret what people say and the tone they bring because you cannot see my facial expressions etc... if we were talking in person....

I dont mean to offend you Alan, Sorry

Archived