More highrises on the way?

Plasticman

I saw this article on the Tennessean online. The writer of this editorial says that more 700+ footers are on the way and that a convention center hotel will be at least that tall. If this writer has any credibility I would say Signature won't stick up quite so noticeably for long. Probably just opinion though.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ID=200770628048

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just making an observation rebuking the original letter and the Tennessean had a few mispellings and grammatical errors when they "cut and pasted" it from my email letter.

The market decides in the long run, but a 1000 room hotel is 50 stories with 20 rooms per floor generally speaking which gives you a 600 foot building minimum, but Nashville probably cannot support a hotel or an office tower of that size...yet. Now with Signature, if Tony can get 400 millionaires to by a condo in his building, he will build it. But until Nashville builds a new convention center that can support a 1000 room hotel, we will not see it.

Generally what one sees, one does. If someone builds a tall tower, someone else will. Many developers watch what someone else is doing, and they may want to take the risk, but with Gaylord expanding, that may cost us here in the urban core.

I saw this article on the Tennessean online. The writer of this editorial says that more 700+ footers are on the way and that a convention center hotel will be at least that tall. If this writer has any credibility I would say Signature won't stick up quite so noticeably for long. Probably just opinion though.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ID=200770628048

Archived