Impeach Cheney?

Charlotteman

Back in April of this year, Rep. Dennis Kucinich introduced a bill to begin impeachment proceedings against Vice President Cheney. Perhaps at the time it looked a little partisan. But what a difference a few months make. Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Seattle) has now signed on to the bill. The Seattle Post Intelligencer is reporting this as major news. This is no partisan theatre.

Cheney has proclaimed himself above accountability. This is unprecidented in American history. This is a shadow government folks. The executive branch of our government has been highjacked by a sinister figure who thinks he is above any laws.

On MSNBC last night a prominent high-ranking Democratic representative, Rahm Emanuel, said this impeachment talk is not partisan theatre. On the same show, former Watergate personality John Dean said Cheney's behavior is even worse than Nixon's during that presidential crisis.

Interested in hearing comments from UPers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I presume you are a good conservative, who listens to Faux Noyz. Perhaps you should consider listening to a respectable, reputable network instead. Perhaps a daily read of the New York Times or other paper for educated people would also be in order.

I don't think he'll be impeached (Republicans won't turn on their own that way), but I agree that he's at least as corrupt as Nixon. Nixon, at least, had some redeeming qualities. Cheney is just about as Rasputin-like a figure as we've had in American history. I mean, how much more obviously sinister can a politician be and still continue to be elected?

My only comfort is knowing that we're very, very close to lame duck time with these guys, so there'll be more of an effort on the right to ignore their influence. Then, once we get the Republicans out of control of the White House we ought to see some of these bums becoming accountable in to a grand jury.

If he is impeached and convicted, he is gone. Unless they overthrow the government, they would send the police there to remove him and throw his butt in jail for not complying. However IMO he is a chicken hawk coward and will never push it if his own personal safety/liberty comes into play.

Cheney is trying to claim that as president of the Senate (tie breaking vote), he is not part of the executive branch. It's an interesting argument constitutionally, but I don't think it passes the practicality test.

Cheney spends far, far more of his time on executive matters than legistlative. It's like having a PO Box in one state, while working and sleeping in a hotel in another, then arguing your "residence" is the former. Come on.

I think he will be in more danger after the elections. We're running out of time to bother with impeachment.

It would be nice, considering Cheney is one of the most corrupt figures in American history. However, the likelyhood of Bush nominating a scarier figure or Cheney dying in office (poor health could catch up to him, ya never know) may prevent it.

Why do I also have a bad feeling that every presidency from here on will have some threat of impeachment?

It would be nice, considering Cheney is one of the most corrupt figures in American history. However, the likelyhood of Bush nominating a scarier figure or Cheney dying in office (poor health could catch up to him, ya never know) may prevent it.

Why do I also have a bad feeling that every presidency from here on will have some threat of impeachment?

^^yes the man drips sleaze. It's close to the time when the bums will be leaving---but hopefully Cheney will pay for his crimes some day. He's truly one of the most frightening public figures in quite some time. The sooner he's out, the better for our country.

I would put Cheney in the same category as Gen. Curtis LaMay---another highly dangerous and sinister man from American history. A man so vicious that even Barry Goldwater cowered in front of him.

If anyone can remember, I enjoyed how in the State of the Union speech when Bush brings up alternatives to oil, Cheney had to refrain from going into a Sideshow Bob laugh... complete with thunder.

Archived