Thomasville Condos!?

csmurphy8885

ABC 27 reported on this project in DT Thomasville. It looks good. I will try and find some more info.

They said it was an old hotel they are converting and building upon. Planning on residents moving in within a year!

30 Units, all reserved!!!

The abc wesite has the story!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've been talking about this project for well over a year now. Its good to hear they've finallly got a full house reserved. I'm not sure how I feel about discussing Thomasville developments in the Tallahassee forum. I know they are a major part of a region, but they aren't Florida and therefore I find it a bit difficult to place conversation about Thomasville in the Tallahassee forum. Perhaps discussion of Thomasville development should be created in the GA forum, and that would give us reason to visit it from time to time.

As much as we talk about the Tallahassee MSA, I think Thomasville discussion here is appropriate. Numerous employees make the trek from Thomasville to Tallahassee daily to help this economy. Also, I think if were discussing Jacksonville, Wakulla, Gadsden, in these forums, its appropriate to discuss Thomasville, since it impacts our area more than those mentioned before. Had this not been posted here, I certainly would not have known about the development for our neighbor less than 30 miles away.

Nice find CSMurphy, I wasnt aware of this.

the condos will be on the corner of broad street and 319N heading into downtown thomasville on your left (if coming from tallahassee). i looked at these but my wife demands we have a yard... *grumble*... there is a rendering on broad street headed towards the coffee shop/men's store (left onto broad at junction of 319). i am actually headed to t-ville today so i will try and take a picture of it.

Maybe we should have a thread for T'ville developments? Since they aren't officially part of the metro, let's don't put T'ville news in the Metro development thread, but maybe just a thread called something like T'ville projects and lump them all in there? While they aren't in our metro, they are a big force in our market area. Thomas County is the second most populous county that touches Leon...know which one is first (by just one thousand more residents?)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! They can't do this to Thomasville!! :cry:

Anyway, I agree that there should be a Bainbridge-Cairo-Thomasville thread; although they're all in GA they're more connected to Tallahassee than the rest of Georgia is. Thomasville is just as close to Tally as St. Marks, for instance.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! They can't do this to Thomasville!! :cry:

Anyway, I agree that there should be a Bainbridge-Cairo-Thomasville thread; although they're all in GA they're more connected to Tallahassee than the rest of Georgia is. Thomasville is just as close to Tally as St. Marks, for instance.

I agree with you all on the importance of Thomasville to our local economy and culture.

As an UrbanPlanet forum, we need to maintain the organization of these threads. It's organized this way for a good reason. We shouldn't mix discussion of development of another city from another state unless it is officially a part of our metro. We can easily create that Thomasville thread in the GA forum, which we all have access to.

But for now I think we should limit threads within this forum to the Tallahassee Metro.

While I don't agree w/your decision TJ, I will abide by it. I understand your reasoning when it comes to T'ville not being in our metro (yet?), but the part about being in a different state, I don't understand. Even our own media reports on both states. Also tons of cities, metros and regions are in two or more states. Our embracing the GA border counties IMHO is part of our promoting regionalism which is something I know we both are in favor of.

However it's really all "water under the bridge" for me since I go through T'ville about 4 times a yr and rarely stop.

If these things go in the Georgia thread, I will never see them, as I never visit. And I think we should stop talking about any other city in Florida that is not Tallahassee (i.e. discussion of what Tally can get from Jax, etc), as it can be discussed in the "Florida" forum!

Discussion of Thomasville Developments and suggesting Tallahassee could borrow wisdom from Jacksonville are two totally seperate conversations, where one relates to Tallahassee and the other does not.

Officially, Thomasville is its own Micropolitian area, not yet a part of the Tallahassee Metro as much as many of us would like for it to be (myself included). Thomasville already has mentions in the GA forum, as well as Valdosta and various other Southern GA communities around us. This is not about making it easy for Tallahassee people to find out whats going on in Thomasville, its about making it easier for the general researching/viewing public to access this information. Afterall, that's why where here to inform. All done in the name of organization.

Outside of that, I agree with everything else you all said.

Discussion of Thomasville Developments and suggesting Tallahassee could borrow wisdom from Jacksonville are two totally seperate conversations, where one relates to Tallahassee and the other does not.

Officially, Thomasville is its own Micropolitian area, not yet a part of the Tallahassee Metro as much as many of us would like for it to be (myself included). Thomasville already has mentions in the GA forum, as well as Valdosta and various other Southern GA communities around us. This is not about making it easy for Tallahassee people to find out whats going on in Thomasville, its about making it easier for the general researching/viewing public to access this information. Afterall, that's why where here to inform. All done in the name of organization.

Honestly, this issue is not worth me spending much time debating. Ultimately the decision comes from the top, not me. I'm just giving a heads up before this topic is relocated. Organization is very important to those who run this site and I'm only doing my job to help.

I agree very much that Tallahassee and Thomasville have allot in common, but recall, the other discussion is called Population Growth, not "Jacksonville". If this was Monticello Condos, Qunicy Condos, Wakulla Condos --- not a word from me. But Thomasville isn't Florida, and a topic about it is not well placed within this forum.

Honestly, this issue is not worth me spending much time debating. Ultimately the decision comes from the top, not me. I'm just giving a heads up before this topic is relocated. Organization is very important to those who run this site and I'm only doing my job to help.

I agree very much that Tallahassee and Thomasville have allot in common, but recall, the other discussion is called Population Growth, not "Jacksonville". If this was Monticello Condos, Qunicy Condos, Wakulla Condos --- not a word from me. But Thomasville isn't Florida, and a topic about it is not well placed within this forum.

^ keep pushing this and the thunder will be brought down on y'all... trust me. and since there aren't a ton of us on this board you will be missed. :stop:

then again, a little rebelling every now and then is a good thing...

how about we just move the Thomasville talk to metro development area? that way it's not on the front page, but still somewhere in the Tally forum since most of us do not venture to the GA forums...

^ keep pushing this and the thunder will be brought down on y'all... trust me. and since there aren't a ton of us on this board you will be missed. :stop:

how about we just move the Thomasville talk to metro development area? that way it's not on the front page, but still somewhere in the Tally forum since most of us do not venture to the GA forums...

I very much like the idea of putting Thomasville in the Metro Development Area. There are lots of people who work and spend leisure time in Tally that are from Thomasville, Cairo, Bainbridge, etc, etc. They are just as much a part of the Tallahassee metro area as the surrounding Florida counties. Just because they are not in our MSA doesn't mean they can't be included in our Metro discussions. Hey what about Liberty county? There not in our MSA but the county borders Leon. I don't think it would stir up the fuss the Georgia counties have if we talked about it.

The Columbus, GA forum has a special thread for Phenix city Alabama developments.

Also with all of the development happening in Bradfordville who knows how long before it spreads in Grady and Thomas counties anyway.

Great News!

First I'd like to apologize to all of you for my reluctance to create Thomasville topics within a Florida forum. While I'm still trying to come to grips with this newly authorized form of site organization, the opportunity to have more to discuss excites me! :camera: Our good neighbor to the north deserves their spotlight along side the rest of our surrounding communities.

Therefore, I've re-named the Metro Development's thread Regional Urban Developments where we can discuss not only Thomasville, but other S. Georgia Counties and more of our own Surrounding Florida counties such as Franklin now seeing a ton of new coastal construction.

I hope this is a peaceful solution for everyone, and again, I apologize for any inconveniences this issue may have caused.

Please feel free to continue to use this thread to discuss the condo project now underway in Downtown Thomasville, and any others you may hear of. Thanks again for all of you who participate in making UP{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Tallahassee a great source of information.

:hi:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived