Baton Rouge Developbits

dan326

1 hour ago, cajun said:

Yeah between the jet sprays, neon lighting, and the extremely loud air blowers that go with car washes....I'm not sure that's going to go well immediately adjacent to 3-4 houses, and within ear shot of at least a dozen homes.

I was hoping for a doctor's office or something instead, with typical business hours.    But EBR did let that little Exxon station across the street exist with zero landscaping and no buffer right up against single family homes.

Yup, good point. From googling I found the name "Fast Pace" which is an urgent care center so maybe that'll be what it is.

56 minutes ago, dan326 said:

Yup, good point. From googling I found the name "Fast Pace" which is an urgent care center so maybe that'll be what it is.

That would be appropriate there IMO.   

Quiet neighbors, well lit but not enough light pollution to impact the houses next door, they close around 8PM,  and they seem to usually have decent landscaping (although not Chick Fil A, Starbucks, or McDonalds quality).   

image.png.be6ace530b9fa7d5d5067bd006eb32c0.png

Edited by cajun
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 1:10 PM, cajun said:

That would be appropriate there IMO.   

Quiet neighbors, well lit but not enough light pollution to impact the houses next door, they close around 8PM,  and they seem to usually have decent landscaping (although not Chick Fil A, Starbucks, or McDonalds quality).   

image.png.be6ace530b9fa7d5d5067bd006eb32c0.png

Thanks for verifying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dantin Bruce pays $4M for 21 acres to be developed into townhome subdivision

https://www.businessreport.com/realestate/dantin-bruce-pays-4m-for-21-acres-to-be-developed-into-townhome-subdivision

A 21-acre tract of land that will be developed into the 148-unit Cedar Grove Townhomes subdivision has been purchased for $4.02 million, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Clerk of Court’s office.

The site, which sits on the south side of Jefferson Highway west of Baringer Road, was purchased by Dantin Bruce Development. Owner Ross Bruce says the subdivision’s first townhomes should be ready in about 18 months and expects the full build-out to be completed in 36 months.

Cedar Grove is planned as a low-density, single-family subdivision with a clubhouse, pool, fitness center, playground, and green space and has been designed around preserving the site’s five legacy live oak trees.

The development, whose application states that it is not in a special flood hazard area, was unanimously approved to move forward by the Planning and Zoning Commission during its April meeting.

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I skimmed an article saying they're going to redevelop the old Six Flags in NO, but it doesn't look like it's going to be as exciting as an actual amusement park. It'd be nice if they built a new one somewhere. It'd probably still be too close to the coast but I would think they could redevelop the old Northshore mall as an amusement park or even the partially completed Pinnacle mall in Covington. In theory atleast.

Also they're adding a Zara to the Mall of LA which is the trendy new shop of the moment. It's going to take the top and bottom floors corners  across from  Sears where William and Sonomas used to be.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

J.Crew moving into the Towne Center

Clothing retailer J.Crew is returning to Baton Rouge with a new store in the Towne Center.

https://www.businessreport.com/business/j-crew-moving-into-the-towne-center

I'm guessing it will go in the former Ann Taylor Loft or Children's Place although there are several other spots.

Edited by dan326

• 4 weeks later...

What's going into the former Burbank Winn-Dixie?

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/whats-going-into-the-former-burbank-winn-dixie/article_c3fa3bb6-1608-11ee-912a-cbe02c84c9ea.html

Surge Entertainment, a chain of family entertainment centers co-owned by former New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, has applied for a sign permit for a location in the former Winn-Dixie on Burbank Drive.

Surge features family activities including a trampoline park, bowling, golf simulators, laser tag, video games, climbing features and a restaurant.

Surge has 15 locations across the U.S., including entertainment centers in Metairie, Lafayette, West Monroe and Bossier City.

BR.comingupbiz.070223

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2024 at 7:45 AM, dan326 said:

Dick's House of Sport eyes Sears space at Mall of Louisiana | Business | theadvocate.com

This would be interesting to see.  I do wonder how they could make it all fit though because I'm not eve sure if the Sears building is as large as the Dicks they have now.

Is Dicks' Sporting Goods the same as Dick's House of Sports?  

I thought for sure that Lifetime Fitness would have gone up around there by now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 5:20 PM, dan326 said:

I think its a new concept they're developing.

Cool!  I guess Dick's would shut down the old location they have near the movie theater.    

Sears is a much bigger location than the existing Dick's Sporting Goods.   I think you are right that the House of Sports replaces a standard Dicks, Golf Galaxy, and Field/Stream and puts all of it under one roof.    I drove by one in Houston/Katy last week and it was in a location where all three of those stores used to exist.   So it's sort of like a Cabellas or Bass Pro - and that would do extremely well at the old Sears location at the Mall of La.    Basically you can get everything from golf clubs to hunting rifles to kayaks to fishing gear in one spot.     

That's better than my Lifetime Fitness idea, although I still want to see one of those somewhere in Baton Rouge.    Maybe we can hope for one off Pecue Lane.

Edited by cajun
  • Like 1