Baton Rouge Developbits

dan326

Does anyone know the completion date for the apartment development going up on Sherwood Forest Blvd.? Or even a rendering of what it is going to look like, I have yet to see a rendering for it. Being that it is going up right down the road from my house I'd like to know what it's going to look like.

Seems to me they would have wanted to complete Red Lion Inn for the LSU Football season; with the thousands of visiting fans coming to the games for the weekends.

Twstd, Are you talking about No.Harrel's Ferry Road near Sherwood Forest Blvd. close to I-12?? I have seen no renderings and do not even know what the name will be?? I'll be curious to see it myself. That's a nice chunk of land. And things are filling up all along the few remaining open spaces along the So. Sherwood Forest corridor.

I was wondering what was up with the cleared retangular-shaped lot at the corner of Acadian Thruway and Broussard Ave??

Scenic Hwy. has some large tracts of land being cleared near North Street just outside of downtown.

Edited by richyb83

Seems to me they would have wanted to complete Red Lion Inn for the LSU Football season; with the thousands of visiting fans coming to the games for the weekends.

Twstd, Are you talking about No.Harrel's Ferry Road near Sherwood Forest Blvd. close to I-12?? I have seen no renderings and do not even know what the name will be?? I'll be curious to see it myself. That's a nice chunk of land. And things are filling up all along the few remaining open spaces along the So. Sherwood Forest corridor.

I was wondering what was up with the cleared retangular-shaped lot at the corner of Acadian Thruway and Broussard Ave??

Scenic Hwy. has some large tracts of land being cleared near North Street just outside of downtown.

I think thats the property I am talking about. It's that big piece of property on the right if you are going towards Old Hammond Hwy. across from that old shopping center and Burger King, along side the Jack in the Box. I remember seeing the name but can't think of it right off the top of my head.

Richy, the name of the apartments that I was talking about on Sherwood Forest is the Canterbury House. Let's see if we can't find out some information about them.

Here's a website showing a rendering of the exterior. If you submit your email address, they'll send you more info. It's a big project. $22 Million.

http://www.rent.com/rentals/louisiana/bato...n-rouge/678348/

Which store front dan?

In the second rendering, there is a store front in the middle with a sleek blueish facade that stands out from the quaint, old-style others.

Here's a website showing a rendering of the exterior. If you submit your email address, they'll send you more info. It's a big project. $22 Million.

http://www.rent.com/rentals/louisiana/bato...n-rouge/678348/

Great find, Drew. :thumbsup: Thanks for posting this.

Edited by dan326

Thanks for the name twstd and thanks for the rendering and website drew! I see Dan posted on the other thread too with the site plan; good job yall :thumbsup: Another 3-story condo unit huh?? Looks alot like Regent Apts. down I-12 on Millerville. Alot of the open spaces are now filing up.

I think the Cottages at Southfork about a mile south of I-12 just past Picadilly are now complete. More infil in the Sherwood Forest corridor. I would like to see another 6-story office building or 7-story condo around that area. It would fit in nicely!

The Acadian-Perkins Plaza Shopping Center will be 50% larger once an expansion is finished in December. Work has started on a 5,300-square-foot addition, says Jon Claitor, one of the partners in the shopping center. Claitor says there are three potential tenants for the center, including a restaurant and two private businesses. That would fit in with the overall mix of the shopping center, which features small companies, services businesses and two bars. Claitor says the expansion became possible after he purchased some property behind Chase Bank in 2004. --Timothy Boone

*businessreport

This is across from the proposed Acadian Village where Juban's restuarant is.

Edited by richyb83

The Acadian-Perkins Plaza Shopping Center will be 50% larger once an expansion is finished in December. Work has started on a 5,300-square-foot addition, says Jon Claitor, one of the partners in the shopping center. Claitor says there are three potential tenants for the center, including a restaurant and two private businesses. That would fit in with the overall mix of the shopping center, which features small companies, services businesses and two bars. Claitor says the expansion became possible after he purchased some property behind Chase Bank in 2004. --Timothy Boone

*businessreport

This is across from the proposed Acadian Village where Juban's restuarant is.

OH the Acadian-Perkins Plaza is the shopping center where Jubans is, I thought it was the shopping center where the old Wal-Mart was. How are they going to expand that? I didn't think there was any open land around it to expand on. Any word on the old Wal-Mart site?

Sephora, Dick's Sporting Goods set for Mall of Louisiana

Sephora cosmetics and Dick's Sporting Goods stores will be part of the two expansions at the Mall of Louisiana. Sephora will be located in The Boulevard, the open-air shopping center being built on the east side of the mall. Dick

Edited by dan326

One is also going up in Denham Springs in the parking of the shopping center on Rnge Road, right off the exit.I'm sure they are exstatic. When I went to school there all they talked about was Cane's and Rave Theater. And sure enough when I went to Rave on a Friday I saw half my class there. :D

Anyone know what is going on with the construction on Hopper Road just east of Plank Road? There is a large tract of land that has been fenced off. Drainage is being put in, but there is no "coming soon" sign out front. Just outside the fence, a Dollar General is being built.

The shopping center next to Winn-Dixie at Old Hammond Highway and Flannery Road has been sold for $1.15 million. The seller was NLR Enterprises, the purchaser was Brett Oubre and Justin Langlois and Bill Jeansonne with Sealy & Falgoust Realtors brokered the sale. The center contains about 11,200 square feet. According to Langlois, the property was about 30% occupied, but they have several tenants interested in the site. Langlois indicated they had just signed a 5,500-square-foot lease with SNAP Fitness and were in negotiations with two other tenants that should bring the center to 100% occupancy within the next month.

:D