Chattanooga Southside Development

The development of the downtown Chattanooga Southside area is progressing and gaining momentum. A vibrant urban neighborhood is being created here. Most of the housing is moderately priced while a little is upscale. Here are some pictures I've taken that show a little of what's going on here. It's quite exciting!

This first pic is of Clark Center. The attractive older structure has been turned into retail on the bottom floor, and upscale condos on the second floor. There is an awesome coffee shop downstairs, and the condos are magnificent. I wish I had inside pics to show you.

P2250176.jpg

The next pic was taken in March and shows some of the condo construction going on in the area at that time.

P3250197.jpg

The next several pics show some of the neighborhood being developed in the Suothside area. Everytime I go there, there's more to see.

P7010308.jpg

P7010311.jpg

P7010312.jpg

P7010313.jpg

Here's some projects either currently under construction or about to be under construction:

Courtyards at Southside

P7010310.jpg

Stanton Row Townhomes

P7010314.jpg

17th and Long

P7010315.jpg

P7010316.jpg

The Southside. This project will break ground in August. It's going to be a beauty with an entire ground floor of retail and condos on the upper floors.

P7010318.jpg

P7010319.jpg

Next to the Southside, the 1300 Broad Street Office Building is under construction.

P7010320.jpg

P7010321.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pics Hank. I have not seen those projects, since I usually take the U.S. 27 exit at MLK to get DT. The transformation on that side is nothing short of amazing. I hope they plan to put some balconies along the upper floors of the 17th and Long buildings (second pic of that project). If not, it will be pretty hard to get up to those units... LOL.

I think I recognize the lot where the Southside will be going... is it at the corner across from the Southside Grill? Seems like I recall that bank building going up in the last year adjacent to that property (in the backgroun of the photo). Also, do you have any shots of the St. George across from the ChooChoo? Isn't that building being rehabbed?

Looks like lots of great projects are going up in that Southside neighborhood. Good to hear most of it is moderately price too. A good mixture of medium priced housing I think can go a long way in making a neighborhood vibrant and sustainable. Got to have those price points where the younger working and professional folks can enter the market and give the neighborhood some youthful energy.

Great pics by the way too! Always enjoy getting to see your pics of the city.

Thanks for the pics Hank. I have not seen those projects, since I usually take the U.S. 27 exit at MLK to get DT. The transformation on that side is nothing short of amazing. I hope they plan to put some balconies along the upper floors of the 17th and Long buildings (second pic of that project). If not, it will be pretty hard to get up to those units... LOL.

I think I recognize the lot where the Southside will be going... is it at the corner across from the Southside Grill? Seems like I recall that bank building going up in the last year adjacent to that property (in the backgroun of the photo). Also, do you have any shots of the St. George across from the ChooChoo? Isn't that building being rehabbed?

• 7 months later...

Here's some more Chattanooga Southside development pics which I took today:

This is a project I was not aware of that has started construction at the corner of Williams St and 16th St. It looks to be a four story project

P2161763.jpg

P2161764.jpg

The recently completed 17th and Long condos

P2161769.jpg

Stanton Row Townhomes - Phase I nearly complete and more to follow soon

P2161770.jpg

Archived