Canada Life Tower

swags

I was just surfing the net, and I came across this tower by chance. I had no idea this was happening. It is slated to be completed in 2006 and is designed by the now famous Toronto architect group Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg (also designing the Festival Tower). The Canada Life Tower will be erected right behind the art deco Canada Life Building, and its main tenants are to be the Canadian government. The University Ave. side facade is to be historic, like the buildings around it; the Queen St. facade will have a modern and dynamic exterior. It is a 15-storey office tower.

Check out the renderings, right here.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I had thought that you were referring that older building with the weather beacon (whose name is apparently Canada Life Building, not Tower) at first. Pretty neat to see that the company is putting forth efforts for a stylish new highrise for their company.

If you look at that second rendering there's an indoor garden in the middle of the tower; despite having fairly low views I can see it being a relaxing place to have a coffeebreak in atop busy Queens St. West.

Archived