Charlotte Tower Construction Summary

grodney

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job!!

Just a couple thoughts:

-I'd put Trump Tower as being "2 towers?" like you did for 500 W Trade.

-Let's not forget lil' ol' Sierra Hotel in the arena parcel on Trade.

-As for the title, to make it more accurate, I would write it as "Projects by Floor Count" as Wachovia will be taller than both The Vue and 210 Trade, as well as BoA being taller than 300 S Tryon and most likely Avenue, as will any office tower be taller than most residential towers of similar floor counts. If you organize it by floor count (as you already have, but title it as such,) you eliminate possible height misconceptions.

One thing that your chart made me realize is that the Wachovia tower is twice the square footage of BoA despite only being 50% taller. I'm assuming that is attributed to the shorter section of the tower as well. That's still amazing to me.

Thanks, hadn't heard about the Sierra. Any completion date on that?

I changed the title label to "floor count". Rumors for the Trump building have it at the top, right?

Swampfox, of course you can use it. I plan to leave it at that URL, though I can't say how well I'll keep it updated.

Two tidbits that jump out at me:

- 400 South Tryon (where I work), has 32 floors, and I believe is 9th tallest currently. There are 9 on this list with at least 32 floors, all to be completed in about the next 3 years. (Again with the difference between floors and height, but you know what I mean.)

- The last building of 25 floors completed was the Westin, 3 or 4 years ago. In the next 4 years, we could add 12 more.

Thanks again for the updates/corrections.

Four more proposed/vision. 20 story office tower at the rennaissance site, 25+ story spirit square renovation, Theatre Charlotte project is being restructured to be 25+ stories of hotel, and Ghazi is building just accross 277 25+ stories.

I'd call everything I listed proposed probably, something that would be considered vision would be 4 25+ towers for levine. Also to my knowledge Citidan 3&4 are still somewhat of a possibility, and these buildings are each 25 stories. And there is value I believe in splitting out things whether they are proposed, or vision.s

One thing that your chart made me realize is that the Wachovia tower is twice the square footage of BoA despite only being 50% taller. I'm assuming that is attributed to the shorter section of the tower as well. That's still amazing to me.

I would love if someone could added a rendering or two for each of the towers, that would really complete that spreadsheet very nicely.

About the Wachovia tower, I know that a few departments that are not currently in a Wachovia building will most likely be making the move over there. But I bet there will be other tenants as well.

Added Citadin and the other proposed towers mentioned above. Did not add the Levine 4 towers mentioned as Vision above.

Revised retail space at Wachovia 1st St to be a more believable 40K instead of the 400K in the CCCP report, pending verification from anywhere.

Thanks again for the help.

• 1 year later...

Was digging around my old Google Docs and found this from July 2007.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcc...xden7ktSDr6bWaw

It was also turned into a wiki here:

http://urbanplanet.org/wiki/index.php/Char...ruction_Summary

Neither has been updated lately. I was going to update mine, but thought it would be interesting/sad/whatever to leave it, for a while anyway.

Archived