The Peace Center for the Performing Arts

goodbye

An article in yesterday's Greenville News describes the various performances we can expect at the Peace Center during the '07-'08 season. (2nd article) The list includes some of the best performers in the World, as usual, but appears to be one of the best seasons yet, in my opinion. Since the cultural center was opened in 1990, famous musicians, actors, comedians, and other entertaining performers have stopped and stayed in Greenville's charming downtown, providing a consistently rich artistic experience unlike any previously seen or heard in this city. Today we take the Arts for granted as a way of life here in Greenville, and this can be directly attributed to the magnificent Peace Center for the Performing Arts, located on the Reedy River near the birthplace of the city. The present and future of this city is even brighter as a result of this place.

Please feel free to add any comments or questions below regarding the Peace Center. :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I am a huge Monkees fan, and not afraid to admit it. I saw them in '96 in Charlotte. During that show Micky played guitar, but not drums. In '97 at the Peace Center, Micky played drums for a large majority of the concert. I only wish I had known that Mike would only play the European leg of the tour. It would've been amazing to see all four of them on stage. :w00t:

• 5 months later...

Had a new experience at Peace Center this week. Went to see the Canadian Brass and got Box Seats (I've always sat in Orchestra seats before, first time in Box at this venue). Box seats give a whole new perspective on the theater. Great for people watching the crowd also. :lol:

I was glad to see the performance was almost sold out....on a Tuesday night. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I couldn't agree more. I have been a frequent patron of The Peace Center for many years, and now do volunteer work for them. I manage their myspace page, which is at http://www.myspace.com/peacecenter. Check it out and add it to your webpage or links if you want to help spread the word.

I think The Peace Center is amazing and deserves a lot more recognition and attention.

I couldn't agree more. I have been a frequent patron of The Peace Center for many years, and now do volunteer work for them. I manage their myspace page, which is at http://www.myspace.com/peacecenter. Check it out and add it to your webpage or links if you want to help spread the word.

I think The Peace Center is amazing and deserves a lot more recognition and attention.

Anyway you could pass the word that their advertising, especially the TV advertising is starting to border on the KIA of Greer craziness? If I hear the Sweeny Todd commerical one more time I'm going to stick my head out the window and yell, "I'm mad as **** and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

It's not just Sweeny Todd. Past shows seemed to have been advertised so much that they turned me off more than got my interest up.

Archived