Miami Skyline

sunshine

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking that downtown Miami is 'manhattanizing' really fast, it would be interesting to see if it ever 'reaches capacity' like NYC. The current skyline is very impressive. Investments in light rail networks are certainly paving the way for further densification, I'd say.

I think it is all in what you believe is beautiful. For me, I have a knack for modern glass structures, not so much for the hulking brick buildings of the past. Yes, I think that the Chrysler and Empire State Building are beautiful in their own right, but would I want to see a city filled with similar structures? No. Would I want to see Miami filled with just glass buildings? Not really. But if they can put interesting shapes and designs to them (as shown above), then you may have something unique.

I love glass but I like it to be integrated with other materials as well. Miami is a beautiful city but Miami's downtown needs more street life. When I went to Miami, the first thing I noticed was all the vegetation and buildings of a wide variety of colors. It really gives the impression that the city is vibrant.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived