Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunshine

Miami Skyline

24 posts in this topic

Just want to throw this in here.

Not my pic. NYC Sixth Borough in the making.

487210664_1c07944348_b.jpg

miami-panoramic-view-from.jpg

Great pics! Miami's skyline is increasingly one of the most impressive in the world IMO.

There are more buildings that I would have expected. And many, many more cranes. What are the transit options like over in Miami? I see a highway, but no light-rail link?

Geesh...and when I stop to take a moment to consider all of the proposed projects that didn't make it...wow is that place booming right now!

They have above ground lightrail, metro mover around downtown, street car under construction, heavy rail across the county and major expansion plan on the light rail and adding a missing link to miami beach.

hotttt8cv5vs.jpg

I'm thinking that downtown Miami is 'manhattanizing' really fast, it would be interesting to see if it ever 'reaches capacity' like NYC. The current skyline is very impressive. Investments in light rail networks are certainly paving the way for further densification, I'd say.

Just want to throw this in here.

Not my pic. NYC Sixth Borough in the making.

487210664_1c07944348_b.jpg

miami-panoramic-view-from.jpg

Very impressive! I spent 2 weeks down there last summer and the city is absolutely amazing!

i know i'm probably not going to make any friends saying this, but while the explosive growth in miami is incredible, i was kind of hoping that it would look a little more diverse. a lot of these towers look very similar.

i know i'm probably not going to make any friends saying this, but while the explosive growth in miami is incredible, i was kind of hoping that it would look a little more diverse. a lot of these towers look very similar.

Thanks for posting the impressive ever-growing Miami skyline. It's definetly climbing up in the rankings!! If I'm not mistaken, only Dubai's skyline is growing faster than Miami's in the World??

As much as I like Miami I've noticed the same thing myself. Many of the new proposals going up are very unimaginative and lack any artistic thought.

Some of the taller proposals have artistic thought in them, it's just buildings like Ten Museum Park and Marina Blue that are boring.

I think it is all in what you believe is beautiful. For me, I have a knack for modern glass structures, not so much for the hulking brick buildings of the past. Yes, I think that the Chrysler and Empire State Building are beautiful in their own right, but would I want to see a city filled with similar structures? No. Would I want to see Miami filled with just glass buildings? Not really. But if they can put interesting shapes and designs to them (as shown above), then you may have something unique.

I love glass but I like it to be integrated with other materials as well. Miami is a beautiful city but Miami's downtown needs more street life. When I went to Miami, the first thing I noticed was all the vegetation and buildings of a wide variety of colors. It really gives the impression that the city is vibrant.

The city won't even be recognizable in 10 years if these projects get completed.

That's the coolest real estate bubble I've ever seen! :wub::lol: