Libby's sentence commuted

runawayjim

so bush commuted libby's prison sentence claiming it was "too harsh". he left the $250,000 fine and 2 years of probation and felony conviction saying that's still a harsh punishment, but come on... apparently american justice is not blind. if you're buddies with the president, you can do whatever you want, such as shooting someone in the face and not having any sort of criminal investigation brought upon you.

Bush Spares Libby From Prison

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Americans should be ashamed they elected such a corrupt government. I hope this is a lesson to Americans, especially those that are too young to remember how bad things can be, when you don't do your homework and blindly support politicians based on idealogy and dogma instead of using common sense and judge them on what the will do for the people instead of their on selfish needs. Bush's pardoning of Libby, is testimate enough that its actions that matter and not words.

We went to war on a big lie and now you are seeing what the lengths they will go to so that the lies are never revealed.

While I am still confused what he was convicted of in the first place, I am happy to see that Bush did leave at least the fines and probation. If he did something illegal and was convicted, he should have at least some penalty. As for what that penalty is, I don

^It amazes me that you are clueless as to what Libby was found guilty of doing when the GOP impeached Clinton for exactly the same offense, the even more astonishing, you forgive Bush's actions by using a comparison to Clinton. As I said earlier the hypocracy is so deep its a wonder we are not all drowning.

Bush ran on the position that he would bring morality back into the White House (in obvious reference to what Clinton's impeachment) and yet like everything else he as said it was a lie.

Please educate yourself on these matters man or we are all sunk as a people.

^ it said that he was "convicted Libby of perjury, obstruction of justice and lying to investigators in the probe of the leak of the name of a CIA operative." He did not give up the name of the CIA operative. For this 'obstruction' of justice, what exactly was the obstruction? From the reports that I can find, they claim that he did not provide all the materials, however those materials did not have any relevance to the case in any aspect. As for the lying to investigators, he said that he gave them everything that they asked for... which he did. So I don't understand quite how that is laying. Perjury is lying; he thought that he gave them everything that they asked for.

Libby broke the law and was convicted. That I am not arguing. But from all reports and understanding, I don't think that he knowingly broke the law, and that is what you seem to forget. Clinton bluntly lied. He knew he was lying, he knew that they wanted the truth, and he did not care. He purposefully lied.

This is only the fourth time that Bush as pardoned anyone... Hell Clinton pardoned his drug dealing brother along with hundreds of others that ranged from petty theft, to perjury, to money laundering, to embezzlement, to Bribery!

But you seem to forget that. I would suggest that you look at how others have used the pardon before you crucify this president for this pardon.

Well, both Clinton and Libby lied under oath, whether or no they knew doesn't lessen the crime. If I were lucky enough to have pull, I'd try to get a pardon or get some of the time commuted as well. I bet anyone would.

Any President has these powers and can weild them as he sees fit. We may not like it, and it may be sleazy, but those are the rules.

Well, both Clinton and Libby lied under oath, whether or no they knew doesn't lessen the crime. If I were lucky enough to have pull, I'd try to get a pardon or get some of the time commuted as well. I bet anyone would.

Any President has these powers and can weild them as he sees fit. We may not like it, and it may be sleazy, but those are the rules.

Archived