Libby's sentence commuted

runawayjim

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. If he had full-on pardoned him, he'd draw a lot more flak than he already has, and alot more than he wants. He did this so a crony won't have to go to jail. The fine is nonsense, I can guarantee that will be taken care of by a benefactor, and there will be no record of it since there doesn't have to be. Being a mindreader, I CAN guarantee that he'll pardon him last minute, though it really is hard to read a mind that is full of nonsense....

runway you are absolutely correct. Right wing fanatics started a "legal defense fund" for Libby a while back, and in all likelihood the fund will pay the $250,000 fine. The only real problem for Libby will be his disbarment.....

But let's get serious folks! Doesn't everyone know what a PATSY is?????? Does anyone actually think these crimes were committed without the planning of Cheney and Rove, and without the signing off of the President?????? Scooter did what he was told to do.

It was hinted at broadly last night that MSNBC's Keith Olbermann will call for the resignation of both Bush and Cheney today on his broadcast. Will be interesting to see whether Olbermann will be speaking for the entire network.

^ I was thinking of the law license suspension. You are right, pardoned isn't the right word; I was thinking of expunging that from the records.

I think that last sentence was a little disrespectful...

I think that he was referencing a common phrase used by monsoon

Did the guy who allegedly leaked the name get convicted? (It was a rhetorical answer because the answer is no). There was and still is not enough information to convict anyone other than Libby. Even with the information that Libby

The argument being made is the reason there isn't enough information is that everyone is lying about it and/or refuse to testify under oath and on the record about the proceedings leading up to the Iraq war. Libby was the only one unfortunate enough to get caught and now the President has removed the only meaningful punishment for this offense as seen appropriate by the court. (By as Judge that was appointed by Bush himself)

Archived