Gonzales & Ascension Parish

dan326

No it won't

Yes it will. I travel it everyday.

Booo!

Are they not adding enough capacity?

They need more than 2 more lanes to relieve traffic in Northern Ascension. It will simply look good, will not help. Similar to the 4 year long I-10 widening project. We do things 20 years late, and when we upgrade it, we make sure we don't build for the future.

It will help. One of the biggest causes of backups are school busses stopping traffic on the road. Since it will be divided opposing traffic will not have to stop. In addition the turn lanes will make a big impact. I can't tell you how many times I've sat through two light sequences at LeBlanc's because someone has to go left.

I drive from the 42/44 area to Bon Carre every day to work. I have a 45 minute drive. 20 of it is typically hwy42 which is about 4 of the 23 miles I drive each way. I go to work for 7am.

It will help. One of the biggest causes of backups are school busses stopping traffic on the road. Since it will be divided opposing traffic will not have to stop. In addition the turn lanes will make a big impact. I can't tell you how many times I've sat through two light sequences at LeBlanc's because someone has to go left.

I drive from the 42/44 area to Bon Carre every day to work. I have a 45 minute drive. 20 of it is typically hwy42 which is about 4 of the 23 miles I drive each way. I go to work for 7am.

I've never had a problem with the buses myself, it's only a few seconds. This will allow more people to move to Ascension and clog the highway once again. In just a couple years.

I don't travel this road so I really don't know how it is. But the thing about being caught behind a bus is that it doesn't usually stop just once. Seconds are cumulative, especially when the vehicle in front of you has to travel slowly to begin with. 

In the grand scheme of things, the 3 minutes you save by not being caught behind a school bus doesn't mean much. But it goes a long way to making most people (excepting Antrell) less frustrated during their daily commute. 

In my case if I get behind the bus that goes by around 630 it is a 20 minute delay. Traffic behind it is typically a 2 mile long line. Its not just a couple minutes. Its taken me 10 minutes just to turn onto Hwy 42 because I was seconds too late.

Wow I've never been that unfortunate. When I see them they are normally stopped already and it doesn't alter the flow of traffic at all. But you are quite a bit further back than I.

Suburbs eh. :sick:

The lanes will help 42 but hurt Airline IMO.

It's not suburbs that are my problem but the lack and total disregard to planning in Ascension. If they political leaders had any vision it would be much better. I've lived on the west bank and St. Tammany in addition to living in West Texas and North Dakota. This area is the poorest planned and laid out I know of.

Edited by all2neat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if the southern loop(dead?) will ever follow the La 30 corridor...the roundabouts are still way off....short term solution extend St Landry(Lamar-Dixon) to a new connector road to I-10/Burnside interchange & to Ashland Rd.

Traffic builds along with industrial jobs on La. 30

http://theadvocate.com/home/8440211-125/story.html

• 8 months later...