Gonzales & Ascension Parish

dan326

The Pecue ramp is critical for the new Woman's Hospital. We don't have a choice, we need that ramp. With the extension to Stumberg this will become a major artery for the southern side of the city. A new ramp needs to be added in Ascension Parish. Bluff Road would be a good choice, So would LA74.

Woman's creates a significant amount of traffic, 'whether it has an emergency room or not is irrelevant. Giving people direct access to the freeway is the correct thing to do. It should have been done ASAP. Airline Hwy in this area is not equipped to handle the traffic this will create. I think this ramp needs to be created, I think Airline needs to be widened through Gonzales. Ascension parish will take care of Airline between Hwy42 in Prairieville through Gonzales, The state has no plans to widen Airline at all beyond what the parish is going to pay for with the 1/2 cent sales tax that has yet to be voted on.

The exit was planned before Woman's even purchased the land.

Besides....Women's isn't a full service hospital. It has no emergency room. They don't need an exit.

While this is true, consider the amount of traffic around Womens that will increase as smaller health complexes are built around the site.

While this is true, consider the amount of traffic around Womens that will increase as smaller health complexes are built around the site.

The ramps may be justified because of Women's, and the connections being made in the Stumberg-Pecue route....but I think this is a great example of very poor planning costing taxpayers millions to correct.

Siegen should never have been so over developed.

Edited by cajun

The Pecue ramp is critical for the new Woman's Hospital. We don't have a choice, we need that ramp. With the extension to Stumberg this will become a major artery for the southern side of the city. A new ramp needs to be added in Ascension Parish. Bluff Road would be a good choice, So would LA74.

Agreed. Emergency room or not, this intersection will be a congested one and Airline cannot handle the foreseeable traffic impact.

Bluff Rd would be a good exit, of course with a realignment of Perkins Rd to get rid of the dead end intersection that would do nothing but mimic the horrible Highland Rd exit.

Hwy 74 may be an ok exit, although lots of people will protest as its majorly residential and pretty close to the 73 exit.

This is the situation that the "build for yesterday" theory has put us in.

i work off of pecue lane...we have been wanting a exit/on ramp for the last 5 years. Perkins ending at highland road by bluebayou is horribe at 4:30 - 6pm.

Now back to thread topic. I went by the old Walmart Building to see whats all going on...there is not much work or personel working...i saw 1 guy tearing down the facade of the old walmart. its also looks like they are trying to spilt the shopping center into two parts and the center will be open. I guess for the driveway to the movie theatre?

Now back to thread topic. I went by the old Walmart Building to see whats all going on...there is not much work or personel working...i saw 1 guy tearing down the facade of the old walmart. its also looks like they are trying to spilt the shopping center into two parts and the center will be open. I guess for the driveway to the movie theatre?

On Airline/Burnside?

I just can't see any exit ramps being built on I-10 in Northern Ascension Parish. You have neighborhoods on both sides of interstate. Traffic will be even more horrible for the Gonzales-P'ville area if they do not plan ahead now.

That's why they need another ramp, this is planning ahead. Ascension Parish officials dropped the ball on that one. Bluff Rd is a possibility, maybe Hwy 42.

they are now starting to build a project infront of lowes. idk what it is yet...most likely a Bank or another gas station. the work on 44& airline hasn't seen much progress.

I did recieve a email from sportsman park, VooDoo BBQ is looking for a much Broader building than inside a strip mall....so you can add VooDoo to Gonzales.

Oh wow. I've completely missed it, I actually don't remember the old Walmart.

I wonder when a grocer will move into the old Albertsons building behind CVS/Walgreens at that same intersection. Also what will become of the shopping center behind the old Pizza Hut.

that is the Old Walmart...

Idk about the Albertsons....there is no parking for it, unless a store like Save A-lot..comes in.

I passed the construction across from Lowe's today, and they are building a Petsmart!

As for the Cabela's area, they said the little shopping center they are building will be anchored by a Chinese restaurant. I doubt P.F. Chang's would come...

The Old walmart center is becoming a bowling alley and eventually a movie theater apparently.

The old Albertson's building...well with Walgreen's...no telling what could happen. They need to tear it down and build something else. They can do something. Someone smart enough hasn't come around yet to do so.

Okay quick question! Who has heard anything about Edenborne? That's the one on LA 44 at I-10 where RPCC will be placed. Does anyone know when we could see something there?

I hope the Crossroads starts soon enough. It would be a HUGE asset to Ascension and another way to reduce our dependency on Baton Rouge stores. With Cabela's FINALLY having some activity and Tanger adding stores, it should spur more growth that is long overdue to the recession. Let's hope our economy picks up again, and we don't slip. PRAY GUYS!

The only thing with LeBlanc's is that they have a location on Airline by the K-Mart (K-Mart needs to go if you ask me. That would be a great place for Best Buy), and they are building a new location at Airline/Duplessis soon. Sooo highly doubtful. Some other small local market could got there...Calandro's or Matherne's perhaps? Give a little competition. That would be healthy.

What sucks is that Walgreens was dropped there which didn't help. AT. ALL.