Gonzales & Ascension Parish

dan326

Construction on Sportsman's Plaza in Gonzales expected to start in spring

Sportsman's Plaza, a 10,800-square-foot retail strip center on Cabela's Parkway in Gonzales—situated near both the Cabela's outdoors store and the Tanger Outlets—should break ground in the spring. Steve Legendre with Beau Box Commercial Real Estate, who's marketing the property for its developer, says a deal to secure the land should be completed in early January, with construction to begin in March or April. "We have about 5,000 square feet pre-leased to a Chinese restaurant, and we've been speaking to a number of local and regional companies who have expressed interest," Legendre says. The development, which will be built on a 58,000-square-foot site, could house up to as many three other tenants, he says, or as few as one more. "I'd love to get a barbecue place in there. I've spoken with Voodoo BBQ and some others; and they've considered the site," Legendre says. "It's a little too early to say who might end up in there, but I think once we start getting it out of the ground we'll lease it up pretty quickly." He says the developer, CSD Developments LLC, is hoping to have the project finished by December of next year. Check out a rendering of the retail center here. —Steve Sanoski

Businessreport.com

majority of the focus is to extend the turn lanes southbound at Hwy 42 and Airline but to also add turn lanes north bound. It also requires new lights. This will block access to nearby business at the intersection further south they are adding a uturn. The same improvements will be done at swamp road (next light north of 42). It's taken forever to complete this project and the lane closures at rush hour have been even more annoying. What I'm hoping for is the extended turn lanes will make it possible to use the permanent right turn lane as a driving lane and have the left lanes force a left turn onto hwy 42 for southbound travelers and onto old perkins for north bound travelers (by walmart). The lane configuration for Airline in this area between 42 and old perkins is this (right to left) full lane width shoulder, full lane width right turn lane, driving lane, driving lane, partial left shoulder. They obviously did this with plans at some point to use the right turn lanes as driving lanes, but it's too short to have much impact. It would have to be widened (going north) from old Perkins to at least highland to have any impact and going south from 42 to 73.

Bowling center opens in Ascension; movie theater on the way

Ascension Parish's first bowling alley, Premier Lanes Entertainment Center, opened for business Sunday to packed crowds. "It was like Disney," says Charlene Ourso, a marketing manager for Malco Bowling Division. "We had lines out to the door. We had waiting lists." Home to more than two dozen lanes, the complex on Airline Highway in Gonzales also includes an arcade, a café and lounge, and eventually, if everything goes according to plan, a movie theater. The company plans to break ground on the theater by fall 2013, with an opening possible before the end of the year. No decision has been made on the number of movie screens that may be included. Malco, which is based in Memphis, owns other bowling alleys, including Circle Bowl and Metro Bowl in Baton Rouge, and more than 300 theaters. But the Ascension Parish complex could be the first of Malco's to have both a bowling alley and movie theater, Ourso says. —David Jacobs

Businessreport.com

The location for target was going to be in "The Crossroads", but since the mayor doesnt want them, we wont get a target for awhile now. Something about they wouldn't support the city in taxes or something in that nature. Its nice to finally get mike rolling on that VooDoo BBQ. @antrellWilliams idk if knew this, but that location has been vacant for many years now...nothing goning on but grass cutting. I wonder what would happen to the old LeBlanc's and Albertson's.

@all2neat Turn lanes is apparently not in Acsension's Dictionary....

The location for target was going to be in "The Crossroads", but since the mayor doesnt want them, we wont get a target for awhile now. Something about they wouldn't support the city in taxes or something in that nature. Its nice to finally get mike rolling on that VooDoo BBQ. @antrellWilliams idk if knew this, but that location has been vacant for many years now...nothing goning on but grass cutting. I wonder what would happen to the old LeBlanc's and Albertson's.

@all2neat Turn lanes is apparently not in Acsension's Dictionary....

Sounds like a load of bull to me. Acsension Parish desperately needs more tax revenue, which was made apparent by the structure of the road improvement tax plan. Yeah I know it's been vacant, that's why I suggested it. Nothing will likely go on there other than maybe a warehouse similar to the Albertsons on Greenwell Springs. Just not a good retail location with half of the parking gone and no street view from arguably Gonzales' busiest intersection.

^ @itsjustme123 I said "CrossRoads" re-read my post. CrossRoads was apparently not wanting to give any tax money or money period to the city of gonzales. They wanted to keep all the money to make profits to build more, instead of helping out the community. So the mayor said No.

its kinda hard not to post stuff. when you live next door to a City Counsil Member, who has dirt on the mayor... Hince why I voted for Little!

Edited by LAWdesigns

Private companies don't have any obligation beyond taxes. Favoring one competitor over another is discriminatory in nature....regardless if it is a Target or Chick Fil A. I'd expect this in Chicago or Detroit, but I'd hope it's a rare occurance in south Louisiana.

Edited by cajun

• 1 month later...

The parish can confirm that AAA Rent all has purchased the large warehouse on the corner of Airline and Highway 74, and will be moving there in the coming months. We have reached out to their corporate office for a statement.

There is a new Racetrack being build at the corner of Old Jefferson and Airline near the Wal-Mart in Prairieville.

A new Fire House is in the works, and will be located on the corner of Duplessis Road and the railroad tracks.

Wal-Mart is currently looking at two lots in the Parish, one in Galvez, and one behind the Racetrack on Highway 73. They currently have two options, but have not applied for any permits as of today.

Copied from : http://www.thecreole.com/?p=4097

Edited by Antrell Williams
Make sure you put the full link when copy and pasting.
  • Like 2

Emerson Process Management has found a new potential location for its regional headquarters, and plans include making it larger than previously announced.

Marlin Wilson, Emerson’s general manager in Ascension Parish and the expansion project leader, confirmed that Emerson is seeking to locate its headquarters in the Edenborne development at the intersection of Interstate 10 and La. 44 in Gonzales.

Source: http://theadvocate.com/news/5167537-123/emerson-looks-at-larger-location

• Like 1

I can't think of the warehouse they are talking about. Near Sno's?

I wonder what Wal-Mart is looking at a land for, a Neighborhood Market? That will surely take much business away from Harvest Supermarket. I would rather see a Fresh Market.

Welcome to the forums thesignguy!

One of the rumored locations was near the intersection of hwy 44 & hwy 42 for a Walmart, im guessing it would be  a Neighborhood Market not much land in the area for much bigger...but that's only rumor. Im hoping for a Fresh Market or something like a Whole foods myself.

Proposed parkway between Livingston and Ascension moving forward.

Link to more info here 

• Like 1