Gonzales & Ascension Parish

dan326

The Construction at the corner of 74 and Airline will be the new AAArentall. The article was incorrect about it moving into an existing warehouse.

Does anyone know anything about the O'reilly and Little Caesars next to Dutchtown high. there has been a coming soon sign for months, but no sign of work starting.

The Construction at the corner of 74 and Airline will be the new AAArentall. The article was incorrect about it moving into an existing warehouse.

Does anyone know anything about the O'reilly and Little Caesars next to Dutchtown high. there has been a coming soon sign for months, but no sign of work starting.

I don't go that way much anymore. Wonder what the hold up is?

By the way, welcome to the forums! Good to have you.

I'll be curious to know what Prairieville would incorporate too..... Could Gonzales do a little(north) annexing of Duplessis??  Were would Galvez fit??

:offtopic: I like your avatar All2Neat...Cool logo! The new name Pelicans is gonna take some getting used to...really wanted old Jazz name back; but Salt Lake City Mayor not gonna give it up; you think they could make a nickname trade with Utah being the Beehive State...Hornets would seem to be a better fit...but looks like Charlotte wants that name back instead.

Welcome lsutiger694 & thesignguy!

Edited by richyb83

I was in favor of the rebrand. Personally I would have preferred Voodoo but given that wasn't available I think Pelicans is the best choice. I wasn't in favor of Jazz because one of the biggest reasons I wanted the rebrand was I was tired of people calling us the Charlotte Hornets. It would really suck to be called the Utah Jazz by mistake. I am in favor of Charlotte getting the name back. It has significant cultural meaning to that area.

I'll be curious to know what Prairieville would incorporate too..... Could Gonzales do a little(north) annexing of Duplessis??  Were would Galvez fit??

:offtopic: I like your avatar All2Neat...Cool logo! The new name Pelicans is gonna take some getting used to...really wanted old Jazz name back; but Salt Lake City Mayor not gonna give it up; you think they could make a nickname trade with Utah being the Beehive State...Hornets would seem to be a better fit...but looks like Charlotte wants that name back instead.

Welcome lsutiger694 & thesignguy!

I would hope Galvez would be part of Praireville, as well as Dutchtown.

I was in favor of the rebrand. Personally I would have preferred Voodoo but given that wasn't available I think Pelicans is the best choice. I wasn't in favor of Jazz because one of the biggest reasons I wanted the rebrand was I was tired of people calling us the Charlotte Hornets. It would really suck to be called the Utah Jazz by mistake. I am in favor of Charlotte getting the name back. It has significant cultural meaning to that area.

While this is off-topic, I'm not in favor of the name. Krewe was my first choice and would have had more cultural impact than Pelicans. Pelicans aren't even found in our states metro areas.

Now, back on topic please.  :hi: 

<----- ALL2NEAT. you will be shocked to who I am. https://www.facebook.com/kelly.v.bones

March 25th, 2013 Logan's Roadhouse Will be open!

Awesome, on both accounts.

I highly doubt Prairieville will incorporate. What benefit would it provide the people? It would result in higher taxes which is the deathnell of anything in Ascension.

Taxes would certainly be higher if Prairieville incorporated. Problem is there wouldn't be much industry and corporations paying those taxes, those would escape to unincorporated areas of the parish.

Prairieville already receives excellent services from the parish. I'm not sure what good it would do to us.

Taxes would certainly be higher if Prairieville incorporated. Problem is there wouldn't be much industry and corporations paying those taxes, those would escape to unincorporated areas of the parish.

Prairieville already receives excellent services from the parish. I'm not sure what good it would do to us.

This is my thought as well. There is not tangible benefit to me because the parish as a whole takes good care of itself. The only thing I could see is if the population was to be over 50k, then it would be recognized as a micropolitan area and would be open to slightly more federal funding. The area it would take to annex to get that population number would be huge and very costly for the "city". These costs would get passed on to those living in the area. I would get it if Prairieville's tax base was significantly higher then the reset of the parish and we were looking to keep it in the city or if there was a significant corporate entities located in the city limits. If either of those were the case Prairieville would have incorporated a long time ago.

Just spoke to one of the Realtor's working for Walmart and he confirmed they are looking at purchasing Bruno's and surrounding lots  at Hwy 42 & 44 to build a Neighborhood Walmart.

Any updates about the possibility or a walmart off of @ 1-10 and 73 behind racetrac?