Gonzales & Ascension Parish

dan326

This would have worked so much better as an urban footprint. It's sad that you'd have to drive to Logans if you're shopping at Tanger or vice versa. It would've increased property values and encouraged even more business in the area.

No it wouldn't have. People drive to Tanger. They aren't about to drive to Tanger then walk from Tanger to Cabellas to a hotel to a restaurant while crossing the highway. That's silly.

The area has shown zero planning, has a horrible intersection, and is making the same mistakes that have been made in the past.

No it wouldn't have. People drive to Tanger. They aren't about to drive to Tanger then walk from Tanger to Cabellas to a hotel to a restaurant while crossing the highway. That's silly.

The area has shown zero planning, has a horrible intersection, and is making the same mistakes that have been made in the past.

People also drive to Perkins Rowe and downtown. Do you agree with the roundabouts being researched?

Antrell, Tanger's is completely automobile-centric and has been since it was built. I'm not sure how the surrounding area would have worked any other way. They could have laid it out differently but Gonzales was even smaller and more rural then than it is today.

As far as the new stuff....the plans wouldn't have been approved without adequate parking, and there is no existing infrastructure to support pedestrians or street parking. This was always going to be an auto-centric design Your bar is way to high. It's a outer suburban development adjacent to an interstate.

A more appropriate and fruitful demand would be to have more green space and sign restrictions like Town Center.

Maybe one day a TND will pop up in AP....but I predict that it will be more residential-focused than Perkins Rowe.

Edited by cajun

Antrell, Tanger's is completely automobile-centric and has been since it was built. I'm not sure how the surrounding area would have worked any other way. They could have laid it out differently but Gonzales was even smaller and more rural then than it is today.

As far as the new stuff....the plans wouldn't have been approved without adequate parking, and there is no existing infrastructure to support pedestrians or street parking. This was always going to be an auto-centric design Your bar is way to high. It's a outer suburban development adjacent to an interstate.

A more appropriate and fruitful demand would be to have more green space and sign restrictions like Town Center.

Maybe one day a TND will pop up in AP....but I predict that it will be more residential-focused than Perkins Rowe.

I'm completely aware of parking issues and its suburban nature. With Tanger's latest expansions I feel a more closely knit design could have been easily pulled off. Have you been since the new wing was built?

Perkins Rowe?

Downtown?

What do these places have to do with a outlet mall buffering a interstate?

People drive to them, park, and walk. Being close to an interstate is an excuse.

So, how do you feel about the roundabouts at that intersection?

3-4 stores yea right!...try a whole new WING!!! and now they are expanding by gap!

A whole new wing.....of 3-4 stores. Again, its not a big deal IMO.

A big deal would be if they expanded into a area that didn't eat up existing parking spots, or added a new entrance, or expanded the footprint.

This might be a huge deal for Gonzales, but for others, no.

Know this probably will never happen(not feasible for the amount of use it might get?)...but how might a "Skywalk" work going across Hwy.30 connecting Tanger Mall & Sportsman's Park/Cabela's?? How many people would use it?? Like the one going across Highland Road/I-10 at Blue Bayou/Dixie Landing....just a thought..

After Livingston Parish thread got off to a BIG head-start with all the post here on UP....the Ascension thread has made up some serious ground...and looks to pass it up soon. Good job! :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Edenbourne Parkway Bids Sought..the main road in the 300+ acre Endenborne TND at the SW corner of I-10 & Hwy 44. A major commercial component w/ several hundred homes & multi-family units, as well as River Parishes Community College are planned. ...Emerson Process Management's regional headquarters will go near the north end of the project

Can not find the link

• 2 weeks later...

Malco Theatres will start construction this fall. Same Property as the bowling alley. I talked with one of the managers while bowling, and he was telling me about the plans. Expanding into the parkinglot towards airline and then behind it. He did tell me that they are looking into doing more stuff with the land behind it.

I wonder if Go-Kart Tracks are in planning?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I live near that intersection and I think it's a good thing. There will be competition in the area finally, it should lessen the demand on the full size Walmart store, and put a gas station in the area that won't be 20-30 cents higher then what the ones on airline charge. Walmart obviously sees future potential in that area.

I live near that intersection and I think it's a good thing. There will be competition in the area finally, it should lessen the demand on the full size Walmart store, and put a gas station in the area that won't be 20-30 cents higher then what the ones on airline charge. Walmart obviously sees future potential in that area.

Fresh Market is looking at a area along 42 near old Jeff. Someone at FM finally realized there is money to be made out there.

• Like 1