Gonzales & Ascension Parish

dan326

86169B058B37EAA4AD1FF991FC7E2D30.jpg

Here is the map of Sportsman park. Those Spots that say sold or Under Contract are Logan's & Stana Fe Cattle Company. I forgot which one's he told me.

Photo2270.jpg

LaQunita

Photo2269.jpg

Comfort Suites

Does anyone know who own's that Eye Sore closed down service station on the corner of Hwy 44 & Airline Hwy? I'm not talking about Mo's.

Can we please get a Dairy Queen!!!

Edited by LAWdesigns

You just come across as pretty young

I'm Not a kid as you think....i'm in my mid 20's. Let me just say this...I don't act like other guys my age, i dont live with my parents, i dont work at burger king. I own my house, which i bought at the age of 19, I have my career started (5 years) in the Oil Industry as a Draftsman, I have a beautiful Wife with a baby on the way... I also have other Side jobs, I am a Crew Chief for Overkill Motorsports, A Mascot for the Arena Team, I own my own Company(LawDesigns), and I just recently quit being a Fire Fighter in Ascension Parish.

anyways back to the topic...here are some Eye Sores around Gonzales.

Photo2286.jpg

on Hwy 30

Photo2287.jpg

on Hwy 44

Photo2283.jpg

and this run down Service Station on Hwy 44 and Airline. This location has been talked about at City Meetings. I expressed that they buy the property, remove the eye sore, landscape it, and add a huge Jambayala Pot there.

It happens all the time. Cities buy property to convert them into green space.

It happens to often, IMHO.

I'd rather see them convert the area into a historic district or overlay district and provide access to low interest loans to improve the appearance of the buildings (or help demolish them) than to purchase and own property it doesn't need. That may not be possible given the advanced state of decay in these examples.

There are simply too many eyesores to purchase in AP if that is the route we are going.

FWIW, Denham did a great job improving the appearance of some of their distressed areas in what I guess you'd call their downtown.

Edited by cajun