NWA on Wikipedia

I know this is a little out of left field, but I frequent Wikipedia when searching for facts, things to do, and many other things concerning cities I am visiting/will visit.

And I have noticed that Wikipedia's Springdale, Fayetteville, Rogers, and Bentonville pages are all seriously lacking quality, information, and pictures. They are absolutely terrible compared to other cities pages. And I do realize that NWA doesn't have as much information to post as, say, Dallas, but they could be better.

I add things here and there, but if some of you guys could help it would be great.

These are the pages that need help:

"Fayetteville, Arkansas"

"Rogers, Arkansas"

"Springdale, Arkansas"

"Bentonville, Arkansas"

"Northwest Arkansas" (Needs it bad. Only contains one single sentence right now)

"Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers Metropolitan Area"

:good:

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this is a little out of left field, but I frequent Wikipedia when searching for facts, things to do, and many other things concerning cities I am visiting/will visit.

And I have noticed that Wikipedia's Springdale, Fayetteville, Rogers, and Bentonville pages are all seriously lacking quality, information, and pictures. They are absolutely terrible compared to other cities pages. And I do realize that NWA doesn't have as much information to post as, say, Dallas, but they could be better.

I add things here and there, but if some of you guys could help it would be great.

These are the pages that need help:

"Fayetteville, Arkansas"

"Rogers, Arkansas"

"Springdale, Arkansas"

"Bentonville, Arkansas"

"Northwest Arkansas" (Needs it bad. Only contains one single sentence right now)

"Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers Metropolitan Area"

:good:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still working on improving the site, and I have just added an "Economy" section.

If you guys could help me come up with a list of major employers in the area, and/or major corporations that have offices in the area (ie WalMart vendors), I would really appreciate it and add it to the section.

Thanks.

I'd like to add more pictures, but I just can't figure it out.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The ones that appear on it right now are just links I copied from other Wikipedia pages...I cannot figure out how to get pictures from anywhere else on there.

I'll keep working at it though.

Just added a ton to the education section

...Also like to add to the Economy section...feel free to help out.

Thanks.

I'd like to add more pictures, but I just can't figure it out.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The ones that appear on it right now are just links I copied from other Wikipedia pages...I cannot figure out how to get pictures from anywhere else on there.

I'll keep working at it though.

Just added a ton to the education section

...Also like to add to the Economy section...feel free to help out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I'll correct that CellarDoor.

And Mith, I'm glad you don't mind me using your pictures. I didn't think you would, but ya know, some people are wierd about that type of stuff.

With the pics I tried/try to find a mix of urban/college/natural looks.

Nice urban pics have been the toughest to find, outside of the fountain pic at the Promenade.

If you find any impressive urban pics let know.

And Mith, don't worry yourself with it, I'm a college student with a part time job, so I most likely have a little more time on my hands than you guys.

Thanks, I'll correct that CellarDoor.

And Mith, I'm glad you don't mind me using your pictures. I didn't think you would, but ya know, some people are wierd about that type of stuff.

With the pics I tried/try to find a mix of urban/college/natural looks.

Nice urban pics have been the toughest to find, outside of the fountain pic at the Promenade.

If you find any impressive urban pics let know.

And Mith, don't worry yourself with it, I'm a college student with a part time job, so I most likely have a little more time on my hands than you guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry this is a bit off topic. Looks like some people were helping themselves to Huckabee's info on Wikipedia. What might stand out though is that appears the changes made by state owned computers. Looks like some of his rivals here in Arkansas felt they had to make some comments about Huckabee. Here's the full article from MSNBC.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20537073/

Archived