Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rjp212

Pinnacle at Davidson

9 posts in this topic

Wow! I guess if this is starting something, mid-rises on L.Norman, there will be a bigger use for that North Commuter Line after all.

Also, if that building turns out anything like in that rendering, it looks like we may get a taste finally at some high quality architecture for the area. Is that a swirl on the building? Sweet!

None of these are near the rail line so they really wouldn't do anything for it.

None of these are near the rail line so they really wouldn't do anything for it.

I am sure it will turn out to be a very nice development with benefits beyond those of the condo owners. As indicated in the article Davidson actually has standards and strictly enforces them so developers respect town wishes and all town residents get quality products that fit the environment. Unlike in Charlotte where no standards are enforced and the city caves in to more sprawl and general ugliness on a daily basis.

Does Furman actually design buildings that look different? Most of his proposals look the same and are recycled from past projects. Modern day Mike Brady to me personally. :lol: I like the curves in the design and it will be a nice addition to the lake area as long as it has decent materials which I'm sure Davidson will be strict on.

Does Furman actually design buildings that look different? Most of his proposals look the same and are recycled from past projects. Modern day Mike Brady to me personally. :lol: I like the curves in the design and it will be a nice addition to the lake area as long as it has decent materials which I'm sure Davidson will be strict on.

A developer is proposing another mid-rise at exit 30. At 7-stories and 100' it will be primarly retail and commercial with the top floor being public space that can be used by by organizations, businesses or residents. The developer is proposing the extra floor so that it can take advantage of the lake views.