Transformers, the Movie

MadVlad

I just took my nephew to see "Transformers, the Movie", and it was a really great movie. He was a little under-aged (11 to see a PG13 movie), but it wasn't a big deal. The worst part was a conversation about masterbation between parents and a son, but he didn't seem to get it (thankfully). Lots of action, real funny, hoy chicks, and a great car chase. I give it an A.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I was in MCS shortly after they filmed the movie. Usually its a mess when nothing is going on, but the floors were all clean swept, and some new railings were put up in the stairwells. It seems like the only time MCS ever receives any sort of maintenance is when a new movie is being filmed in town.

Well my other half got me to go see "Transformers" on Tueday July 3rd. The opening day and my seat back was kicked throughout the entire film by the kid behind me that also talked throughout the film and the kid on the side of me kept hitting me while reaching for his soda. He also poured popcorn on me and kept turning around in his seat to "Shush" the talking kid behind. The woman on the other side of my partner brought in an infant and had to take the child out during the film. So she walked in front of us twice to go and to come back in during the film. I thought that the film had enough profanity in it to make a sailor blush. I could not believe that they had so much profanity in a movie that they had to know that kids would go to see. Basically the acting was bad, the script and the lines were bad. The only thing that it has going for it is all of the computer graphics and virtual non-stop action. I'm certain that the audience made the feature worse for me and I never watched the "Transformers" until Tom started putting them on the first VCR later DVD player. That is along with "Macross" and "Anime" and all the other "Spiderman" and the like shows and cartoons. Since I am not a comicbook or cartoon fan, I am not the best person to talk about the films merits, but I thought that it was the worst film that I had ever seen in my life. The only moment in the show that I thought was cute was in the tunnel when "BumbleBee" scans the new Camaro and changes from the old rust bucket Camaro into the new show car version. On a scale of one to five, story line 1, acting 1, script 1, special effects 4

I grew up on Transformers and was a huge fan when I was a child, but I so don't care for this film. If I do see it, it will be when it comes out on DVD. I've seen all the previews and I couldn't care less. They should have just either made an animated movie or just left it alone.

For the time being, Hollyweird needs to leave cartoon/comic book movies alone because IMO, that atrocious X-Men 3 was the straw that broke the camel's back. They need to comeback when creativity rather than the budget becomes the reasoning of the creation of such films.

haven't decided whether I would see this movie in the theatres or not. These transformers don't look like anything I grew up with, but it doesn't look too bad. The 80s cartoon movie was okay.

Still the best 4 cartoon/comic movies for me in no particular order:

Batman Begins- Definitely a redemption for a franchise that lost its soul in the past 2 or 3 previous Batman movies

Spider-Man- Simply a great movie, nothing more to be said

The Crow - Dark, ultraviolent, and lots of passion, this movie had it all

Super-Man- The Christopher Reeves version is the one I will remember

The four worst comic book movies, no particular order:

Batman Forever- just plain aweful

Batman and Robin- see above

Catwoman- Talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse, winning an Oscar, then winning a Razzy

The Hulk- Can he not look less menacing?

i haven't seen it and hadn't really planned on it because i'm not that big a fan of nostalgia type movies. what i didn't get is why a movie based on a children's toy (and a re-make of an 80's children's movie) was made with a PG-13 rating. they should have kept the dirty stuff out and left it clean enough for a PG rating. that's the one thing that stood out to me when i saw the preview for it.

if i do see it, i'll probably wait until i can rent it (or get it on amazon unbox).

If you have the ability to check your brain at the door, and remember what it feels like to be a little kid, you'll have fun with this movie. I truly enjoyed myself. The acting was cheesy and the action top notch, but that's exactly what I was expecting out of this film, no more no less. As for being true to the original, that was over 20 years ago so i'm willing to accept some differences. I'm glad they finally got around to making a live action version. I just don't think the technology existed to make the transformations seem as realistic as they did in this movie back in the 80's. It probably would've broke the budget if they had tried to make this film back then.

Actually I enjoyed Shia LeBeouf's jokes. The movie is not really aimed at kids, it's a aiming to be a blockbuster action movie. The language was not unlike anything I was expecting. Don't throw a fit like they did over Spike's cuss word in the original movie.

I was skeptical about the movie when I heard some details about it come out while it was being filmed. I thought they'd butcher the whole story. While I wish they began the story like the cartoon's first episode with the Ark crashing into the volcano, they had Frank Welker again as Megatron (I read he tried out), they had all the original guys, Cybertron was not destroyed, that they didn't mess around with the names of some of the Decepticons, and Michael Bay believed the Transformers could change sizes (like Megatron, Soundwave, Reflector, Blaster...). But I was satisfied with at least how they explained how they can choose their disguises and that they didn't totally mess up the Autobots. Oh and I wish .... had survived! Why did they... ... ... he survived the war in the orginal movie!

I do think that the first half of the movie moved along well and it made people laugh... but the second half was silent in awe of the battle sceens. I enjoyed it though. I think some reviews are too critical.. this is not Gone with the Wind, Driving Miss Daisy, or Shawshank... it's a blow-'em-up-don't-think-too-much-just-relax-yourself type of movie.

Saw this movie last night and had a blast. The audience was COMPLETELY into the movie! We were cheering and clapping and just enjoying ourselves in general. Great effects!

Like was said earlier, just check your brain at the door and you'll enjoy!

What did everyone think of the J.J.Abrams film trailer to be released on 1-18-08??

I saw it last night too, and thought it was great. The audience loved it as well, just as suburban george said. Fantastic action scenes, great looking women, fast cars, and lots of cool effects. The goal of the movie was to simply entertain, and I think it did so extremely well. :thumbsup:

BTW, I don't remember seeing Cedric the Entertainer in the movie. I saw Bernie Mac and Anthony Anderson, but no CtE. Did I miss something or was that a mix up?

Archived