Polaris Fashion Place Lifestyle Expansion

zt456

According a news release from Glimcher Realty Trust (owner of Polaris Fashion Place) ground breaking on a 160,000 square foot lifestyle expansion will begin this summer and is expected to open towards the end of 2008. The expansion will take place on the site of the former Kaufmann's location. Currently, no retailers have been announced but the news release states that "Leasing of the new space is progressing well and a complete list of the new retailers and restaurants is scheduled to be released at a later date."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone from the area know how Polaris has done since it's opening? It is pretty close to Easton Town Center which I don't think can help. Is there enough people in the metro area to allow these two malls to be both successful and somewhat upscale?

There were enough stores and people inside when I last visited three months ago. But it was one of the most boring and uninteresting places to visit -- stores upon stores in a two-level fashion. I'm not a huge fan of shopping, if you can't tell :P

• 3 weeks later...

Both places opened up before I moved out of Columbus, and for the most part, when they both opened, Polaris was busier than Easton, but after the novelty of something new wore off, Easton picked back up. I liked Easton's townsquare setup much better, but when winter time arrived, I went to Polaris then b/c of it being indoors.

Have the opened up the 2nd Polaris exit yet? They were building that back in 2005 b4 I moved.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived