What is your favorite building in need of renovation?

michaelskis

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though it seems like quarterly my list changes, as my fave's are saved and renovated (Ice house and the new Founder's being the latest to scratch off my list). :)

That discussion was already covered in one of the downtown retail threads. Apparently they do a lot of outfitting for teams, especially GRPS teams.

Although, the exact topic of this thread (I think even the same exact title) has been covered more than once too. It may even come up quarterly. ^_^

• 2 months later...

Head east on Lake Drive and as you reach the Lake Dr./Robinson Rd. split, this building looms. I think it's a records storage place now. I'm not sure what you would do with it, but it seems to me that this could be developed into something really cool that would serve as your welcome to Easttown. Just thinkin'.....

1477102851_796413ceea_o.jpg

This is Kent Record storage. It has a really old cool clock behind the illuminated clock that is now in its place.

If this building were renovated into offices or lofts, it would definitely add to the vibe of Easttown.

Head east on Lake Drive and as you reach the Lake Dr./Robinson Rd. split, this building looms. I think it's a records storage place now. I'm not sure what you would do with it, but it seems to me that this could be developed into something really cool that would serve as your welcome to Easttown. Just thinkin'.....

1477102851_796413ceea_o.jpg

• 1 year later...

I used to live at GVSU right near the infamous "cell tower building" and also always thought it could make for a nice redevelopment. Ed DeVries owns it, and though it's not currently vacant, I imagine he has some long term ideas for it. He's done other redevelopment projects in town and being so close to GVSU he'll have a built-in market for students. I'd bet we'll see something within the next few years.

• 1 month later...

Archived