"Sicko"

ChiefJoJo

I guess we should add food, housing and clothing to that list of rights. Maybe the government should provide this universally as well and do away with its profit potential. You will die without food and if you don't have a home or clothes you will die from the cold. It all depends on how far you want to take basic human rights. Somewhere along the line you have to have a basic expectation of people to take care of themselves.

The system needs to be reformed and the poorest among us should receive basic treatment. I just don't agree that the government should be responsible for taking care of all our basic needs. If you can afford a 50 thousand dollar car you can afford to take care of your own medical care. If someone goes through 6 to 8 years of schooling to gain an M.D. then why not let them make a profit? If the pharmaceutical industry comes up with a life saving drug, why shouldn't they be allowed to make a profit? Both have certainly done more to save lives than Moore and his for profit films. How many people could he help save if he lived in a $300,000 dollar condo instead of the million dollar one he currently owns, not to mention his vacation home and private jets he flies in. How many people could have been saved by him, I guess we will never know. Yeah, he opens himself up for this type of criticism as do all hypocrites.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess we should add food, housing and clothing to that list of rights. Maybe the government should provide this universally as well and do away with its profit potential. You will die without food and if you don't have a home or clothes you will die from the cold. It all depends on how far you want to take basic human rights. Somewhere along the line you have to have a basic expectation of people to take care of themselves.

Archived