Europeans have it much better than Americans these days.

monsoon

The only comment I will make is that bottom line profit is a huge component in the stock market for well established companies. Smaller start up companies can get by on potential, but sooner or later investors will sour if you don't turn a profit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only comment I will make is that bottom line profit is a huge component in the stock market for well established companies. Smaller start up companies can get by on potential, but sooner or later investors will sour if you don't turn a profit.

that's all fine and well, but the bottom line profit should not be coming at the expense of the people who bring those profits. take care of those who work for you and they'll take care of you. meaning, don't cut their benefits because you're not turning the profit you expected. instead, treating them well will give them more incentive to work harder to get the profit up. no one wants to work harder for less.

I think Companies understand this and making cuts to benefits is a last resort. Employees are demanding more from their employers and if company A doesn't offer something that company B offers, there is little resistance for switching jobs (assuming you are qualified for the position).

As for the comment about the auto industry and airlines...what do these two industries have in common? Both of their labor forces are controled to some extent by labor unions...see my previous comment on those for my opinion.

so the executives of the companies make millions and have nice cushy benefits while the employees lose their benefits in teh name of profit. yeah, that makes sense. as monsoon has said, that's the companies working against their employees rather than with them. they need to realize that without these employees, they will make zero profit and wouldn't exist to begin wtih. instaed, they take advantage of the employees.

Archived