El Pollo Loco

Sonrise

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not familiar with El Pollo Loco or Pollo Tropical. In fact, I did not even know that there used to be an El Pollo Loco on Haywood Road.

Are these QSR restaurants at all similar to Moe's? If so, I think a Baja Fresh would do very well in Greenville. I loved eating their food while I lived in DC...

Man, all of this good food...Arbys, Boston Market, EPL, Moes, etc....and ironically enough, there is a Boston Market down the road from me, and to this day, I have NEVER eaten at one. The thing that sucks about being up here is the lack of good comfort food. I've already lost my taste for sweet tea... :(

I second the BD's Mongolian!!!! I actually checked into the franchise info for this and Uno Chicago Grill. BD's requires a certain amount of traffic before your even considered for a franchise, at the time downtown wasn't what it is today. I don't have the kind of money they are wanting. :o

I absolutely LOVE BD's Mongolian Barbecue! I recall that they have the minimum traffic requirement for their new franchise locations, but I would bet that downtown, the West End, or places on Woodruff (Magnolia Park, The Point, McChesney Project, etc.) would meet the requirement.

I would also like to see an Uno's Chicago Grill in Greenville. That should not be a problem, as there is currently one in Lexington, SC in an area that doesn't have a ton of traffic.

Yes I openly admit to the sarcasm. BD's is wickedly awesome, I've been to the ones in Bethesda and in Dallas, TX. We have something similar here, Fire and Ice which I think would go over better in downtown Greenville. I actually have a few pictures of fire-ice on my facebook, its pretty different than BD's, same concept albeit, but different in the fact that they have Sunday Brunch with make your own omelets and pancakes, and they'll cook it on the hibachi, and they also have a really really good burger that you can get, and top with items from the Mongolian bar.

My wife and I loved our local mongolian grill in the mall in Burbank. When we moved to G'ville we lamented the fact that none were in the upstate. Mongolian bbq is freakin' awesome. RT, where's the nearest BD's? Oh my gosh, up'ers should pool our money, incorporate (Urban Planet Foods, Inc.) and open all of these franchises and rake in the dough. Franchises are risk free. lol

Seriously, our area is ripe for all of this new growth.

I'm writing this in Round Rock, Tx. a suburb of Austin and it is absolutely booming. My sister lives here and my wife, my dad and I drove here from Greer. Suprisingly no Panera Breads here. Go figure.

Okay,

I excitedly checked out BD's website with my wife. We enjoyed what we saw and even utilized their "create your own bowl" option. Something just didn't feel right though, and the picture didn't look exactly like the mongolian bbq we were used to but we couldn't figure out what it was. At the very end it gave us the option of choosing rice or tortillas (when did tortillas become part of Mongolian cuisine? Lol)

Then it dawned on us ...... NOODLES! Bd's doesn't have noodles. I've never had mongolian bbq without noodles. I'm curious to try it though.

My wife and I loved our local mongolian grill in the mall in Burbank. When we moved to G'ville we lamented the fact that none were in the upstate. Mongolian bbq is freakin' awesome. RT, where's the nearest BD's? Oh my gosh, up'ers should pool our money, incorporate (Urban Planet Foods, Inc.) and open all of these franchises and rake in the dough. Franchises are risk free. lol

Seriously, our area is ripe for all of this new growth.

I'm writing this in Round Rock, Tx. a suburb of Austin and it is absolutely booming. My sister lives here and my wife, my dad and I drove here from Greer. Suprisingly no Panera Breads here. Go figure.

I know its no BD's but there is a Chinese resturant, if i'm correct behind Hobby Lobby on Woodruff Rd. I'm not sure what else is in the shopping center. My fiance tried it one night and they had the little round grill, and a "raw bar" with all your veggies, meats and special sauces. Its not a bad, but I guess it will do. I'm not sure of the name but I think dragon is in the title. :dontknow:

I would kill for some Mongolian BBQ around here... though noodles are a MUST for me. I can't say I'd order it if there were no noodles involved, lol!

I used to live around the corner from an El Pollo Loco, (in California) but I can honestly say I rarely went there. I wasn't a big fan of their food. :P

Archived