Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Michigan's West Coast featured in Rachael Ray's Magazine

10 posts in this topic

My wife LOVES Rachael Ray from the Food Network, and I've brought up the idea that it would be great if she featured Grand Rapids in her "$40 a day with Rachael Ray" show.

In the June/July issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray, a section called "America's Best Road Trips" features Michigan's West Coast, starting out in Grand Haven and goes up through Traverse City. They don't have the article online, but they do have a Michigan's West Coast section with a map of points of interest.

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/travel/mapped-out/

Great article written by a guy who grew up in Michigan and now lives in California, and his girlfriend (who he brings along) didn't know Michigan even had a "coast". :lol:

Probably, because we're so used to referring to any lake side land as shores. I've always known land on oceans as coasts. Up until the Michigan's West Coast campaign I've never really heard coast used to reference the area on Lake Michigan -- always shore.

Any time we can get good publicity, it

I just got a wedding invitation for a wedding to be held in South-west Ontario and in the information about the area there was a reference to Ontario's West Coast. I guess it doesn't take much to imitate. . . .

Ontario's West Coast

There's always Michelle Malkin...

There's always Michelle Malkin...

Probably, because we're so used to referring to any lake side land as shores. I've always known land on oceans as coasts. Up until the Michigan's West Coast campaign I've never really heard coast used to reference the area on Lake Michigan -- always shore.

Bell's Third Coast Ale (and Third Coast Old Ale) were my first exposure to "coast" as opposed to "Lakeshore"