Alamance County

Creasy336

Here is an article from the Raleigh News and Observer talking about some the growth that is taking place in Alamance County. It gives perspectives from residents who have moved here from the Triangle region. In the article you can also find numbers and statistics refering to the high residential and retail growth taking place in west Burlington and Graham.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Triad sees its boom in population (whenever that will be :lol:) is when Alamance will really start to take off. This article is further proof on how the Triad and the Triangle one day will almost become one. I've never cared for Alamance personally, at least from the interstate. Do you think they could use some of these extra tax dollars they're getting and beautify the highway and enact some sinage ordinances? I swear if I see one more "JR" sign.... :P

lol I will agree Alamance County's view from the interstate is horrible....especially JR with its large tacky signage. At one point they converted a whole abandoned gas station into one large "JR" sign :sick:. Most of Alamance County's population is located north of the interstate, I-85/40 also runs mostly through the countys industrial areas from exit 143 to 148 so motorist miss most of the more of the actual cities. Alamance County is way better once you get off the interstate and venture into its towns and cities. I-40 through Winston-Salem and old I-85 through Greensboro look about the same if not worse as far as bad impressions. As far as billboards I 85-40 is no different than US 52 through W-S or any interstate through Greensboro. I do believe there should some ordinance similar to the Triangles for the entire Triad. This would keep billboards completely off the interstates. Alamance County is already seeing a boom even though its municipal areas don't reflect that. Burlington and Graham for example are surrounded by thousands of acres of populated areas that more than likely will be annexed in the near future.

Archived