Orlando World Trade Towers

jnorlando

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is this the same project that was supposed to go up on i drive, or will this one be downtown?

no, this was originally planned as a condo development down the street from verde.

JRS1-when you highlight the old sky towers this is the project that appears with information. it looks like they've dropped the residential portion altogether

It looks confusing... the old Sky Towers picture with the name of another development and different rendering???

so wait, is this thing going up at 100 livingston, next to BofA now instead of sky city??

World Trade Center is an office project that is replacing Sky Rise Development Group's Sky Towers residential proposal on the same site across from the Chamber of Commerce building.

Sky City is/was another name for 100 West Livingston, a two-phase mixed-use development across from Lynx Central Station.

I liked the sky towers

.....i hate this one

and there are not many projects I outright hate

this is just not an attractive project

I concur, but sky towers also started with a far less appealing rendering then the digitally enhanced copies we got several months later. i'm definitely curious to see where they go with it...

Sky Towers was proposed at the beginning of this most recent "boom" when there wasn't as much competition out there as there is now, even offered apartments along with the condos in a great looking building in a great location and still couldn't get off the ground. Now that the residential market is dying down, the development group wants to make it an office building(s?) instead? It seems like they called it "World Trade Towers" to make up for the fact that they're trying to put a major office building outside of the CBD. I think this proposal is more about the land owners trying to sell the site than it is about them trying to put up a building.

Sky Towers was proposed at the beginning of this most recent "boom" when there wasn't as much competition out there as there is now, even offered apartments along with the condos in a great looking building in a great location and still couldn't get off the ground. Now that the residential market is dying down, the development group wants to make it an office building(s?) instead? It seems like they called it "World Trade Towers" to make up for the fact that they're trying to put a major office building outside of the CBD. I think this proposal is more about the land owners trying to sell the site than it is about them trying to put up a building.

I'd hope so. It looks a little better on the downtownorlando.com site, but not much more. This looks like something that belongs in an office park... very sad indeed.

That whole uptown cluster is poised, IMO, for great things. The old Travelers Insurance Tower and the Sheraton have stood far too long by themselves. 801 was a great addition at the street level, and Verde will be a nice skyline addition. I don't however (chooses words carefully) believe that the final designed building that ends up on this lot will look anything like what we are seeing now. In fact I have seen drawings and photos that prove this.

If I had to specualte as to where I saw this whole downtown thing going I would be inclined to think that Hwy. 50 will be the dividing line between the business oriented downtown and the more mixed use/heavy resedential uptown. As previously stated (not to derail the topic) our leaders do not express behind closed doors much of a desire to build across I-4. Uptown already has the proper zoning to accomodate such facilities. A developer, with the correct amount of cash, could easily scoop up and assemble themselves quite a territory for the next 'boom'. This proximity to the downtown core is perfect for lets say, Novare.

That whole uptown cluster is poised, IMO, for great things. The old Travelers Insurance Tower and the Sheraton have stood far too long by themselves. 801 was a great addition at the street level, and Verde will be a nice skyline addition. I don't however (chooses words carefully) believe that the final designed building that ends up on this lot will look anything like what we are seeing now. In fact I have seen drawings and photos that prove this.

If I had to specualte as to where I saw this whole downtown thing going I would be inclined to think that Hwy. 50 will be the dividing line between the business oriented downtown and the more mixed use/heavy resedential uptown. As previously stated (not to derail the topic) our leaders do not express behind closed doors much of a desire to build across I-4. Uptown already has the proper zoning to accomodate such facilities. A developer, with the correct amount of cash, could easily scoop up and assemble themselves quite a territory for the next 'boom'. This proximity to the downtown core is perfect for lets say, Novare.

Based on what you just said that you have seen drawings and photos that prove the final design will be better, can you indicate just how much better and when will we be actually be able to see it?

What are the chances that this project is more than just a pipe dream?

• 5 months later...

That was completely a non-story... about two minutes of a story which basically focused on the name of the project.

Well, the point was that this is major project for Uptown Orlando that was just approved. Linking to the Sentinel article would maybe have made more sense.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/custom...0,4680919.story

Well, the point was that this is major project for Uptown Orlando that was just approved. Linking to the Sentinel article would maybe have made more sense.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/custom...0,4680919.story

Still, there's no news in it being approved by the city...did anyone expect it not to be? That doesn't mean it's any more likely to be built...

Archived