Orlando World Trade Towers

jnorlando

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a waste of energy of a news clip... controversy over the name when there is no controversy. might as well change Pearl harbor's name so people don't remember that one also. And, let's change Iraq's name and Vietnam's name too...

What's really funny is that there are "World Trade Center"s all over the world. Do these doofuses not realize that "World Trade Center" is actually the purpose of the building, not just the name of the building?

Dummies.

• 3 months later...

Just heard that leasing is "not easy" for this project...Especially since the banks are not going to finance a project that isn't at least 50-60% pre-leased. I just don't see these buildings getting out of the ground anytime soon (but I wish they would)

I doubt you're gonna see any buildings of any kind going up around here for awhile. Or very few anyway.

There may be a few smaller scale projects that the ball is already rolling on that might get started, but I seriously doubt we'll see any new downtown highrises for at least a year maybe two.

I hope Mills & Nebraska is one of the ones that gets started soon.

I doubt you're gonna see any buildings of any kind going up around here for awhile. Or very few anyway.

There may be a few smaller scale projects that the ball is already rolling on that might get started, but I seriously doubt we'll see any new downtown highrises for at least a year maybe two.

I hope Mills & Nebraska is one of the ones that gets started soon.

i thought the hilton would be going up within the next year or so?

JFW I think your right, two, probably three years.

I did see a new concept project Uptown on Friday. Corporate, incorporating a lot of ground floor retail/shopping (just for you sunshine).

You know I read these boards a lot and I think we can all agree that things are currently in pretty bad shape. However, I think some here get the impression that once the crane comes down we just kind of hang out.

Most major GC's are backlogged in the bilions (multiple). Once the credit market evens out, the rail opens and the new events center, PAC come closer to fruition your going to laugh at the boom we just went through.

EDIT: shardoon your right, Hilton will go within this year.

JFW I think your right, two, probably three years.

I did see a new concept project Uptown on Friday. Corporate, incorporating a lot of ground floor retail/shopping (just for you sunshine).

You know I read these boards a lot and I think we can all agree that things are currently in pretty bad shape. However, I think some here get the impression that once the crane comes down we just kind of hang out.

Most major GC's are backlogged in the bilions (multiple). Once the credit market evens out, the rail opens and the new events center, PAC come closer to fruition your going to laugh at the boom we just went through.

EDIT: shardoon your right, Hilton will go within this year.

From what I hear from my real estate agent friends, there are many people wanting to move DT, even now, but cant sell their homes in the burbs. The interest is there, even now, but the logistics make it difficult. Mortgage rates have dropped to about 5.5% after the latest fed rate cut. Lets hope this starts the ball rolling. I agree that this is a temporary setback for maybe 2 years. The Solaire auction sale actually gave me hope since they were purchased by people that will occupy the units and not speculators (due to the restrictions on renting and reselling these units). Being able to move about 40 units in one day showed that there is still a demand.

From what I hear from my real estate agent friends, there are many people wanting to move DT, even now, but cant sell their homes in the burbs. The interest is there, even now, but the logistics make it difficult. Mortgage rates have dropped to about 5.5% after the latest fed rate cut. Lets hope this starts the ball rolling. I agree that this is a temporary setback for maybe 2 years. The Solaire auction sale actually gave me hope since they were purchased by people that will occupy the units and not speculators (due to the restrictions on renting and reselling these units). Being able to move about 40 units in one day showed that there is still a demand.

I've been saying all along that it wasn't a demand problem in Orlando, but a pricing problem. The realtors, speculators and developers raised their prices too much, too quickly, and they were too stupid to bring them down. The demand was still there, the prices were just too high for normal people.

Most def. a lot of demand, but not for the prices. The Hilton is still coming along. Wrapping up the financials. As you guys know, banks are being a little difficult right now. I am curious about this Uptown project though.

I still hear of potential projects. I think a lot of people do not realize, it takes years of planning to get something large scale to breakground. So if you are planning for a 2010 start date, now is the time to do the planning. And from what I hear, it is not that hard to get a decent price in A&E right now.

And from what I hear, it is not that hard to get a decent price in A&E right now.

That is probably true. I haven't heard of any major layoffs yet, but I haven't really had my ear to the ground, so to speak. There has been some fat cut around here. And I did hear from a reviewer in Deland today that their local engineering firm has told them they will be in serious trouble soon without more work. Even DOT is running out of money for new projects. Cities and counties don't have local matching funds after amendment 1.

• 4 years later...

Archived