Columbia in the media

krazeeboi

I almost flipped out when I saw that Columbia was one of the features in US Airways magazine this month. Having the magazine based in Greensboro seems to influence the cities they feature (Greensboro, Gainesville, Columbia). The series of articles was basically an advertisement for USC.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is more like "USC in the Media", but Darla Moore being named one of the two first women inducted into Augusta National is huge for the school. Every article I have read out of excitement (with the exception of the LA Times, ugh) has specifically mentioned USC. Most have cited the Darla Moore School of Business naming, others have highlighted her involvement in the 1990s $300M capital campaign (to relate her connection to Hootie), and even more have discussed her collective $75M in donations to the school. This is a huge international story because of Condoleezza Rice and the long delay in allowing women to join the club, so it really gives the school some big national and international exposure. Over the past few years, Darla has made me so proud to be a Gamecock.

• 5 weeks later...

I have seen several "bad" lists in the past several days that Columbia was not on. I'm not even going to say what the lists were or what cities were on them. I'm just tired of lists. Yes, it feels good when Columbia is on a good one, but I know from experience how it feels when your city is on a bad one, and being on a bad one usually does nothing to help your city. The lists will keep coming and I'll keep checking them out, but I'm just sayin'.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Orlando Sentinel features Columbia as a great destination for the frugal traveler.  "(The journalist) is the best-selling co-author of the book "10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget," and founder of TrekHound.com, a website for independent travelers. She also founded TheLessonMachine.com, a website for teachers."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/sns-mct-bc-frugaltraveler-20130523,0,3757531.story

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived