Following George on The Tour

gs3

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like George came up just short (23 seconds off of the pace and finishing 3rd) in today's prologue in London. There will no doubt be some cool photos over the next 22 days on flickr, too. I'm not the fashion police or anything, but I'm not liking the addition of the green to the Discovery Team jerseys this year. I am, however, liking the addition of Levi Leipheimer. This should definitely help George, I'd think.

Looks like George came up just short (23 seconds off of the pace and finishing 3rd) in today's prologue in London. There will no doubt be some cool photos over the next 22 days on flickr, too. I'm not the fashion police or anything, but I'm not liking the addition of the green to the Discovery Team jerseys this year. I am, however, liking the addition of Levi Leipheimer. This should definitely help George, I'd think.

I agree with you on the green....doesn't instantly say "Discovery Channel". Maybe they are trying to remove themselves gradually.....isn't this the last year that Discovery Channel will be a team? Or is it just the last year that George will ride for Discovery Channel? :dontknow:

Yes, this is Discovery's last year to sponsor a cycling team. Here is a story about the new "Go Green" jerseys for this year's tour:

http://www.reuters.com/article/environment...05?feedType=RSS

Speaking of the tour, anyone who is interested is welcome to come watch the coverage commercial free tommorow night at Caesar's restaurant at 8pm. Check out the flyer for more info:

http://bikegreenville.blogspot.com/2007/07...ur-tuesday.html

George slipped to 5th, just 43 seconds off of the leader though...still in great position.

Here are a couple of neat resources, if anybody is interested:

• TdFblog My flickr friend, Frank Steele (and others), provides daily recaps/summaries as well as other commentary

• My flickr friend, Frank Steele, is sending in live microblog updates via Twitter...check it out...subscribe to it...follow it...it's very cool.

George is up to 45th place for the past two stages, but is effectively out of it over 20 minutes off of the lead. Impossible to surmount? Nothing's impossible, but it's highly unlikely. On the upside, George's teammate, Levi Leipheimer is still very much in contention.

Nope...just Verizon, Cingular/at&t, Sprint, and SunCom. This is also the reason that Starbucks doesn't have WiFi as they are contracted with T-Mobile to provide their internet service. You do see the occasional T-Mobile ad on the boob tube, but I think those are national ads, not local.

I didn't know that T-Mobile wasn't available here either. Maybe if they sign George, bringing service to this area will be a priority. :)

Didn't I read something about Greenville having a very high percentage of cell phone users per capita? It seems like this would be a major market for T-Mobile.

After Stage 9, George is up to 39th and Levi Leipheimer is in 9th place. Another Discovery Channel rider, Alberto Contador, is in 5th place. As I understand it, the greuling alpine terrain is almost behind the riders, so it should be a fairly moderate course from here on into Paris.

After Stage 9, George is up to 39th and Levi Leipheimer is in 9th place. Another Discovery Channel rider, Alberto Contador, is in 5th place. As I understand it, the greuling alpine terrain is almost behind the riders, so it should be a fairly moderate course from here on into Paris.

Archived