The Free Beer and Hot Wings Show

Does anyone on UP listen to The Free Beer and Hot Wings Show?

They are in Grand Rapids and are on WGRD. They are syndicated and play in 12 other cities on the east side of the country.

WGRD-FM 97.9 GRD Grand Rapids, Michigan

WAVF-FM 96 Wave Charleston, South Carolina

WBUZ-FM 102.9 The Buzz Nashville, Tennessee

WCHR-FM 105.7 The Hawk Manahawkin, New Jersey

WEGE-FM 104.9 The Eagle Lima, Ohio

WEXP-FM 101.5 The Fox Rutland, Vermont

WHDQ-FM Q106 West Lebanon, New Hampshire

WHXR-FM 106.7 The Bone Portland, Maine

WQBK-FM Q-103 Rensselaer, New York

WQLZ-FM 92.7 The Rock Station Springfield, Illinois

WRQR-FM 104.5 The Rock Wilmington, North Carolina

WWHK-FM 102.3 The Hawk Concord, New Hampshire

WYAV-FM 104.4 Wave Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

I love this show and have listened for over a year. Anyone else listen?

www.freebeerandhotwings.com

They definitely get GR's name out in other regions.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the show, been listening to them since Ron & Don took off from KLQ a few years ago, now. The show is really a hoot. Like GRDad said, it's too bad the playlist stinks. I too turn off the radio after their show is done and start up the MP3s on the computer @ work.

Dude, I listen every day, for 5 hours a day, they never, ever, play music during the FB and HW show, except for name that tune, on tuesday mornings.

The first few months they were on the air in GR, before they hired producer joe, they played some fill tunes, but that was 3 years ago.

During one of the segments today they were talking about the fallen police office in the city. They mentioned the trust fund to donate to and went on a tangent of how good West Michigan is about being kind and generous. A few comments were made about how we are more kind than people in other regions. They also said that other stations have made offers to move them to their cities which they turned down saying "There is a reason we live here." They really do love the area and exude a positive image of our city.

Props FB & HW

During one of the segments today they were talking about the fallen police office in the city. They mentioned the trust fund to donate to and went on a tangent of how good West Michigan is about being kind and generous. A few comments were made about how we are more kind than people in other regions. They also said that other stations have made offers to move them to their cities which they turned down saying "There is a reason we live here." They really do love the area and exude a positive image of our city.

Props FB & HW

I think these guys are hilarious, but they sometimes get to me. Those times are when one will have a slip-of-the-tongue (ex: they will say "I had breakfast for sausage") and they will talk about it and laugh for what seems like hours... not really funny. I will say, however, that I have been listening to them for a couple of years now and I look forward to their show every morning. Producer Joe is the star of the show, I hate to say. Free Beer is well spoken, Hot Wings cracks me up (but caould lose his "What Hot Wings Thinks" bit) and I love to hate Zane, he is a funny fella too.

I think these guys are hilarious, but they sometimes get to me. Those times are when one will have a slip-of-the-tongue (ex: they will say "I had breakfast for sausage") and they will talk about it and laugh for what seems like hours... not really funny. I will say, however, that I have been listening to them for a couple of years now and I look forward to their show every morning. Producer Joe is the star of the show, I hate to say. Free Beer is well spoken, Hot Wings cracks me up (but caould lose his "What Hot Wings Thinks" bit) and I love to hate Zane, he is a funny fella too.

Archived