cosmo1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm Bill Brasky...

"His urine is considered Vodka in Russia."

"I once saw him scissor-kick Angela Lansbury."

"He hated Mexicans! And he was half-Mexican! ...And he hated irony!"

"If you drop a phonograph needle on Brasky's nipple, it plays the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds."

"He once punched a hole in a cow just to see who was coming up the road."

I'm Bill Brasky...

"His urine is considered Vodka in Russia."

"I once saw him scissor-kick Angela Lansbury."

"He hated Mexicans! And he was half-Mexican! ...And he hated irony!"

"If you drop a phonograph needle on Brasky's nipple, it plays the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds."

"He once punched a hole in a cow just to see who was coming up the road."

It's not about how you start. It's how you finish. It's not easy to turnaround 50 years of urban decline. I believe that commercial and residential can co-exist because they co-existed for years prior to the post-war, suburban development paradigm. The change might not be happening as fast as we would like, but the fact that it is happening at all gives me the "audacity" of hope to expect that things will get better to where downcity can exude the vibrancy and livability that will be attractive to current and future residents of the city.

Also, I do not understand the separation of different areas as I consider the Westside to be part of the City in addition to Atwells. I love Julians and Seven Stars Bakery and often stop there as I frequent many of the cities businesses and try to support local businesses. Anyone living in the Providence area is all a part of what goes on downtown or anytown. :rolleyes:

Anyways, outside of the obvious, I love the manageability of Providence without all the traffic jams other cities provide and look forward to more development and great future endeavors. Cosmo1

What area did you live in Boston? The Financial District? Theatre? Seaport/Fan Pier? Fanueil hall? Maybe Government Center... Probably not, being those are commerce centers.. Not residential hoods.. PVD only has one, downcity..

My guess from your posts.. You lived in a 500 sq ft condo/apartment @ Beacon Hill.. But you moved to Providence expecting Beacon Hill + square footage, and got Ruggles.. Thats unfortunate..

I applaud your move, being from Boston.. But I think you are taking up future office space and job space, and therefore holding PVD back.. Its not your fault, not even close.. Its the gov, the developers taking the McDonalds Happy Meal route to a vibrant city.. Placing downtown residents there to make it SEEM vibrant.. It isn't... As you and Bod have posted.. Its a shortcut, and certain detriment to long term success..

But hey whatever.. Murphy's is loud.. Thats annoying..

What area did you live in Boston? The Financial District? Theatre? Seaport/Fan Pier? Fanueil hall? Maybe Government Center... Probably not, being those are commerce centers.. Not residential hoods.. PVD only has one, downcity..

My guess from your posts.. You lived in a 500 sq ft condo/apartment @ Beacon Hill.. But you moved to Providence expecting Beacon Hill + square footage, and got Ruggles.. Thats unfortunate..

I applaud your move, being from Boston.. But I think you are taking up future office space and job space, and therefore holding PVD back.. Its not your fault, not even close.. Its the gov, the developers taking the McDonalds Happy Meal route to a vibrant city.. Placing downtown residents there to make it SEEM vibrant.. It isn't... As you and Bod have posted.. Its a shortcut, and certain detriment to long term success..

But hey whatever.. Murphy's is loud.. Thats annoying..

• 7 months later...

Archived