The Acropolis

smeagolsfree

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ron, glad you posted this as I was just about to do the same thing. Our speculation about the Long property was off a block or two. This one is just another one of those projects that just seem to pop up like weeds in that area. $850-$1.4 mil. Guess I'll just continue to be "green" in Inglewood. West End Park has gotten to the point where you could drop someone who'd actually lived there for years but has been gone for a while into the middle of it and they'd have no idea where they were. Very little looks familiar there anymore...and I lived only a block away some time back. Amazing.

And we still have the Long Avenue property to surprise us ... probably pretty soon, I'd guess. (as soon as you-know-what chips the dirt downtown). I guessing Long will be a dramatic development.

So Giarratana has property on Long too? Where is that exactly? Also, is there any effort being made to keep any trees in that area? I thought that street had so much potential.

Does anybody have any information on making 31st Ave connect up to Charlotte? I believe the plan shown was to go through a parking lot at HCA and over the RR tracks to intersect with 31st. How serious is that plan?

Don't know much about the extension of 31st to Charlotte. In my opinion, that little bit of extra convenience for some would cause more trouble for the emerging West Park area than benefit travelers at this point. Faster and more traffic and a direct "get away route" from reasonably exclusive, high demographic areas to innumerable hideouts across and in the Charlotte Pike area feed my opinion. Barriers often serve good a good purpose.

West End Park remains a forest. Most developments have done an excellent job in keeping the large trees as they can. The rendering illustrates reality quite well. Trees are plentiful.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Friends,

I checked with JBS, the general contractor for The Acropolis project.

Apparently, the next phase of construction for the project involves the installation of steel beams that support the hollow core concrete slabs comprising the first-floor truss system. The source said the exactness of this development phase requires multiple design checks and double-checks by the steel detailer, the architect and the structural engineer. The steel is being fabricated and should be installed by the end of June.

Until then, there apparently will be little work on the site. But, encouragingly, it seems the project is moving forward. Good, because with gold LEED certification, this should be a superb project.

WW

• 1 month later...

Archived