Costco Rumors

CanukInAugusta

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i doubt that it would be right by the sam's club & walmart since both are becoming supercenters but hey you never know, they might want alot of ppl in one area. But where would it go at i dont see any empty acres near bobby jones expressway/ 520. I would pick that it would be by bobby jones ford on wrightsboro rd because there's nothing but a kroger, or it could be put in the center near wheeler rd.

Wrightsboro rd is in richmond county, walmart & sam's club on 520 split the richmond, columbia county line one has walmart the other has sam's club. So if built on 520 it would be hard to tell who's side it would be on. The wheeler rd center would more than likely be in richmond county.

Costco could hurt or help Sam's Club when it comes. Interestingly, the Sams in Augusta is one of the top in the region with very high sales. It consistantly outperforms other Sams in larger markets, (even in ones with only 1 store), so even if a Costco was built it would still probably be a strong store. When Costco entered the Myrtle Beach market in South Carolina it actually HELPED the Sam's Club there. Can't tell you exactly how though.

BTW, I drove by the BJ's in Greenville at peak time on Saturday and there were probably a dozen cars in the parking lot...no joke.

Sams on the other hand was too busy to even find a close parking space. I think when Costco opens in a few months here, (G-ville) it will cost the Sams a little business. Moreso than BJ's which just seems so sub-standard.

yeah the sam's in augusta has much traffic near by on 520, it is only 1 of 2 places the other downtown that have police on bikes alot. I know the owners of sam's club new that costco was coming so i dont think they would invest millions to become a supercenter if they thought they couldnt't compete.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greenville and Spartanburg both got their new Costcos this past summer. I think the Greenville Costco is in a development similar if not a little more urban than the Village@Riverwatch development. Not sure where they put the one in Spartanburg but I think it went close to the mall there.

Well then if Costco is going in at riverwatch then what could be going in at Bobby Jones Ford because I doubt seriously that Costco would built two locations in Augusta at this time. Could the ford dealership by the Augusta Mall become home to a BJ's or new Sams Club?

Archived