Ground broken on first Gold LEED certified building

smeagolsfree

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm griping, but that was a horrible article by Jenny Song. She (?) didn't even mention what street(s) the building will be on or how large it will be. It actually looks pretty small in the pic. It also looks very bland (a'la 1970s). I wonder if mirrored glass is "Coming back".

Yes you are going to be seeing more reflective glass because of the energy aspects. The developers need those extra LEED points to get above a basic certification. I'm very glad to see green buildings popping up all over Nashville. We are not as much into it as Chicago, of course, but with the new city requirements going in, people are going to get more familiar with green buildings and in particular green roofs. And once people catch on to the green aspects of urban living, any developer that puts out a not green building may just find him/herself out of the market.

Hopefully, along with the green buildings we will get walkable neighborhoods and more greenspace.

This is an excellent development in Nashville that hopefully more future projects will pursue when they are being designed. I know its only one building, but hey its a start and can serve as a model for other businesses who would be interested in conserving their energy use/costs (who wouldn't be?) and being more environmentally friendly.

Archived