25-35 acre waterpark in Cordova?

TchulahomaKid38118

According to the Memphis Business Journal, plans to build a 25 to 35 acre water park near the projected $90 million Sportsplex property is in its early planning stage. I vaguely remember a Gameday Sportsplex project being discussed but I guess it lost momentum when Mark Neel, former CEO died. This really sounds like it could be an exciting project that could potentially grow in the future; that is if the project goes through. Here is the article Potential Water Park for Cordova.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple months ago, maybe last month, there was an article about the death and how the facility was proceeding with its expansion regardless, back then they were talking about different kinds of fields, a hotel, there was the talk about the restaurant that was in dispute because of fears it will be turned into a future strip club. Or am I thinking of the wrong site?

Based on the article, it looks like the original plans are still going forward (i.e. hockey rink, etc). So this looks like it's in addition to the other expansion plans.

Archived