Publix

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe the two you mention above are actually the same one... the one u/c at Hixson Pike and Cassandra Smith Rd. The second one will be at East Brainerd and Morris Hill Rd. in a shopping center that used to contain a Winn Dixie. Then there is a third location announced (?) in Ooltewah near the Lee Highway exit of I-75.

I believe the two you mention above are actually the same one... the one u/c at Hixson Pike and Cassandra Smith Rd. The second one will be at East Brainerd and Morris Hill Rd. in a shopping center that used to contain a Winn Dixie. Then there is a third location announced (?) in Ooltewah near the Lee Highway exit of I-75.

• 3 months later...

Here in Cleveland, I have started to hear a little bit in the rumor mill concerning Publix looking this way for 2 locations. Currently, Cleveland's grocery market looks like this:

2 Wal-Mart Super Center

2 Food Lion

2 Bi-Lo

2 Super Saver Cost Plus Foods

1 Cooke's Food Store (Basically a local version of Food Lion or Bi-Lo)

1 Seasons Harvest (Basically a locally owned version of a higher end grocery such as Fresh Market or Whole Foods)

1 Save-A-Lot

1 IGA (Eric's)

1 United Grocery Outlet

We have seen a few other grocers come and go over time including:

Pruett

Archived