urbanvb

Block 11 Tower Progress

257 posts in this topic

I found an ad in this week's edition of Inside Business for CMSS. The ad depicts what appears to be a 22 storey building on the corner of Columbus/Constitution - the empty lot that is now being used as a parking lot for the Columbus I building. I am wondering if this ad is for illustration purposes only or the real deal (if so when??). Also the new tower for the Pilot lot on VB Blvd is rumored to be about the same height so might this building end up over there instead? questions.. questions... I will post the rendering when I get home this evening.

Edited by urbanvb

I found an ad in this week's edition of Inside Business for CMSS. The ad depicts what appears to be a 22 storey building on the corner of Columbus/Constitution - the empty lot that is now being used as a parking lot for the Columbus I building. I am wondering if this ad is for illustration purposes only or the real deal (if so when??). Also the new tower for the Pilot lot on VB Blvd is rumored to be about the same height so might this building end up over there instead? questions.. questions... I will post the rendering when I get home this evening.

I eagerly await. I might make a tower two thread after you post. :)

:huh:

Waiting for guy to post the rendering of the new tower.

Waiting for guy to post the rendering of the new tower.

Ok you had me scratching my head there for a minute. LOL

Vdogg. my scanner is not doing a great job but I managed to save it as a tif file. Maybe you can play around with it and post for me.

....As some of us are eagerly awaiting the post ;)

Just had dinner down @ TC...some pretty neat lightning shows, wonderin if any of the fans took any photos tonight...

Let me know if you get the email. Yeah, I saw the lightening from my desk although not in Pembroke. Quite a show going on out there.

Edited by urbanvb

Not to worry problem fixed. I'm creating a new thread. I think you guys are going to like this. :)

Grr... You beat me to it. After all that work I did too. Oh well, I'm still making a new thread. :)

Ummmm that BETTER be built! When will they make an announcement!! I had been wondering why on the TC map the office building was so small on that lot.. .now it makes sense

So what do you all think about it? It's pretty boxy but at least more interesting (I think) than the AH Tower. A little boring but yet in person it may be interesting. Street level looks pretty decent though.

So what do you all think about it? It's pretty boxy but at least more interesting (I think) than the AH Tower. A little boring but yet in person it may be interesting. Street level looks pretty decent though.

I agree it looks boxy, but in the current surroundings, nothing too innovative would fit in... It isn't as boring as AH and Westin, and has a classy yet modern look to it, much like some of the offices being built in Northern VA... It looks like it could be for a technology company of some kind... Yes, I'm stereotyping...

It has great potential. I bet you anything this will turn out as dark blue glass with white trim. I like that it is glassy though. That will definately set it apart from the rest of the towers at TC.

I have a larger copy but photobucket keeps resizing it. I am working on getter a large image.

I have a larger copy but photobucket keeps resizing it. I am working on getter a large image.

I have a resized image at the bottom of page one that provides a better view.

This thing is going to do wonders for the density of that area. It also makes the hop across Constitution on to the B&N property more likely once TC is built out. :)

So we know that the third tower, to be built on the Pilot lot, won't be announced until that deal is finished though it will definatley happen, correct? Then for this one, is there any known timeline on it?

So we know that the third tower, to be built on the Pilot lot, won't be announced until that deal is finished though it will definatley happen, correct? Then for this one, is there any known timeline on it?

The tower on the pilot lot is supposed to happen before this one. That one is supposed to be under construction by mid-2008 so I don't know how soon after they'll start on this one. I do know that they would not have moved to this stage without having significant tenants signed, since they have stated repeatedly that they do not build speculative.