Block 11 Tower Progress

urbanvb

I found an ad in this week's edition of Inside Business for CMSS. The ad depicts what appears to be a 22 storey building on the corner of Columbus/Constitution - the empty lot that is now being used as a parking lot for the Columbus I building. I am wondering if this ad is for illustration purposes only or the real deal (if so when??). Also the new tower for the Pilot lot on VB Blvd is rumored to be about the same height so might this building end up over there instead? questions.. questions... I will post the rendering when I get home this evening.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found an ad in this week's edition of Inside Business for CMSS. The ad depicts what appears to be a 22 storey building on the corner of Columbus/Constitution - the empty lot that is now being used as a parking lot for the Columbus I building. I am wondering if this ad is for illustration purposes only or the real deal (if so when??). Also the new tower for the Pilot lot on VB Blvd is rumored to be about the same height so might this building end up over there instead? questions.. questions... I will post the rendering when I get home this evening.

I eagerly await. I might make a tower two thread after you post. :)

So what do you all think about it? It's pretty boxy but at least more interesting (I think) than the AH Tower. A little boring but yet in person it may be interesting. Street level looks pretty decent though.

I agree it looks boxy, but in the current surroundings, nothing too innovative would fit in... It isn't as boring as AH and Westin, and has a classy yet modern look to it, much like some of the offices being built in Northern VA... It looks like it could be for a technology company of some kind... Yes, I'm stereotyping...

So what do you all think about it? It's pretty boxy but at least more interesting (I think) than the AH Tower. A little boring but yet in person it may be interesting. Street level looks pretty decent though.

It has great potential. I bet you anything this will turn out as dark blue glass with white trim. I like that it is glassy though. That will definately set it apart from the rest of the towers at TC.

So we know that the third tower, to be built on the Pilot lot, won't be announced until that deal is finished though it will definatley happen, correct? Then for this one, is there any known timeline on it?

The tower on the pilot lot is supposed to happen before this one. That one is supposed to be under construction by mid-2008 so I don't know how soon after they'll start on this one. I do know that they would not have moved to this stage without having significant tenants signed, since they have stated repeatedly that they do not build speculative.

Archived