Looking for outdoor wedding location

We are looking for a place to hold an outdoor wedding next summer. We have called all the obvious places (Parks, Restaurants, Banquet type places and so on) but nobody meets all the requirements.

We would like to be able to:

Have margaritas (This rules out all public parks and so on)

Stay beyond 10pm (Parks again)

And provide our own caterer (this rules out everyone else so far)

Be outside

Anybody have any good suggestions?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are looking for a place to hold an outdoor wedding next summer. We have called all the obvious places (Parks, Restaurants, Banquet type places and so on) but nobody meets all the requirements.

Be outside

Be outside

Hey, I just thought of some possibilities. Call up the "agritainment" places. Post Family Farm, for one, has a cement floor pavilion, outdoors, dunno about catering and the rest but it's worth a shot. There are other barns/farms/pumpkin patches that might be able to help you out.

(You did not mention a beautiful botanically perfect setting, so I'm guessing that doesn't matter much.)

HTH

A neighbor of mine a few houses down spent the spring dumping a few thousand into making his backyard an urban oasis. New fences, exterior paint, landscaping, and even some sculptures were put in. A few weeks ago, he had his daughter's wedding back there. I sneaked a peak on the wedding day, and it was amazing. Then, I thought about it. How much do these places charge to rent their facilities out for a day compared to what my neighbor spent? There's probably not much of a difference, and my neighbor now has an immaculate backyard that will last a long time. On top of that, it was probably a much more comfortable setting for all involved.

A neighbor of mine a few houses down spent the spring dumping a few thousand into making his backyard an urban oasis. New fences, exterior paint, landscaping, and even some sculptures were put in. A few weeks ago, he had his daughter's wedding back there. I sneaked a peak on the wedding day, and it was amazing. Then, I thought about it. How much do these places charge to rent their facilities out for a day compared to what my neighbor spent? There's probably not much of a difference, and my neighbor now has an immaculate backyard that will last a long time. On top of that, it was probably a much more comfortable setting for all involved.

If you're having an open bar, for all of our sakes, please make sure the venue is close to the hotels where people are staying. Or provide busing. :thumbsup:

I couldn't really think of anyplace, but there are some good ideas here now.

Father of the Bride is a classic WOT. Mr Banques!!

Congrats Matt! I didn't know you two were engaged. I don't talk to Chris much since he moved to Chicago so I haven't heard. This is sara btw, i went to kendall with chris and jon... Anyway, Mitch (my beau) shot a beautiful wedding last fall at Creekside Growers which is out beltline toward Hastings. I helped him with a few weddings last year and this one was by far the most beautiful. Not sure when you're looking to have it exactly but their greenhouse was empty for the season I assume by mid-october when their wedding was held. The wedding was outside under some vines and such and the dinner was served inside the empty greenhouse. They even had Sweet Japonic play inside. I'm not sure if they rent the space regularly or if they were family friends but it's a good place to look into I think. Here's their site which doesn't really help for the look. Creekside Growers If you pm me your email I'll send you some shots from the wedding.

We had our reception at Indian Trails Camp, it's off of Lake Michigan Drive right by Aman Park. It was 5 years ago, I don't even remember the guy's name but we literally looked it up in the phone book. It was in October, so the camp was closed because they are a summer camp. At first, they said no then called back and said what the heck. It would have to be a late summer wedding, I'm not sure when the last camp session is.

It was kind of the best of the outdoor/indoor situation. We were afraid of what would happen if it rained, which it didn't, but our food/drinks etc were in the 'mess hall' or whatever it's called. It's HUGE - we had 150 people and the dance floor and bar was set up in there and there was plenty of space. That way people could sit down and eat inside, then roam around outside the rest of the time.

We had an open bar, a dj, a cake from a bakery that was delivered there (which the 'camp dog' almost ate!) and a catering company. The camp's requirements were just that we had to show that they were all licensed and had insurance.

It was awesome. There is a little lake and our wedding pictures were taken on a dock with trees and water in the background. We did have to do all of our own setting up, decorating, and cleaning up. The guy who ran the camp arranged for 2 of his daughters to wash all of our dishes and we paid them for that. We rented it all weekend for the same price we would have paid for a banquet hall for like 5 hours. They also have little cabins and stuff if you want to stay there or have guests stay there, we didn't do that so I don't remember the details.

We had our reception at Indian Trails Camp...a summer camp. ...There is a little lake and our wedding pictures were taken on a dock with trees and water in the background. ... They also have little cabins and stuff if you want to stay there or have guests stay there...

Archived