Valdosta Developments

bighardrivesrule

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow.... thats amazing I didnt think valdosta come attract something like this right now... maybe after a few few more years.. but wow.... thats great..... I always talked with my friends that every state around us has 2-3-4 major cities .. and seems georgia always had 1 - atlanta... but finally its great to see growth go around the boards - Augusta, Columbus, Macon, Savannah, Valdosta ..... this is great news...

From looking at the map and my memories of Valdosta, this building is going to be about a mile or so from downtown across from the Hospital. Something like this would propably do well downtown also because there city is always trying new things to improve its downtown.

Yeah Valdosta is defiently growing. I am in Tallahassee and I can remember folks from Valdosta driving all the way to Tallahassee to do there shopping and have a night out on the town. Now thats not the case so much any more. Now there are folks from Tallahassee driving to Valdosta to go to Wild Adventures and such.

Also Valdosta has manage to get a few retail stores even before Tallahassee has.

I was in Valdosta earlier this year on my way to Orlando. I had hoped to spend the night and go to visit "The Crescent" on the following day, but the smoke was so bad that I just took some pictures of "The Crescent" and then drove on down to Orlando. I lived in Valdosta as a small child and my Father was from there. I really didn't have any memories of the town and was very surprised by how nice the town was. I am planning to go back at some point. I am hoping to have my Mother meet me there so that she can point out things that she can remember like where we lived and where my Great-Grandmother's house had been located. My interest in "The Crescent" was that my Great-Grandfather had been a carpenter that had worked on building it and many of the other Victorian and Edwardian homes in Valdosta.

This is greaet news for Valdosta. Even though a mile is a good ways away from downtown, I think that market is pretty obvious- Valdosta State and hospital employees. My only concern is the lack of street level retail. I realize this proably wouldn't attract that many walkers, but there is no reason not to have it. The site mentions commercial properties, but I don't see where its located on the renderings.

Archived