Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

4 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

Here's your fun and incredibly depressing aerial view of Charlotte in the late 90's:

I'd call this Mid 90s. if it were late 525 N. Tryon and Fifth Third Center would be finished or under construction. Neither have begun, but panthers stadium is complete, so I'd call this 1996. 

43 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'd call this Mid 90s. if it were late 525 N. Tryon and Fifth Third Center would be finished or under construction. Neither have begun, but panthers stadium is complete, so I'd call this 1996. 

I can't believe you didn't call out the Wachovia Plaza banner!

hornets.png

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I can't believe you didn't call out the Wachovia Plaza banner!

hornets.png

Damn it. I was too busy trying to give the video a date. I missed that. THANKS! So freaking cool!

3 hours ago, tusculan said:

There were literally tens of places to go. And hundreds of parking spots. Who doesn't like that ratio?

It was sooooo awesome.  You could get a Wendy's burger at citifair and you had thousands of parking spaces to choose from with almost no competition!  You could even cross the street for a leisurely web surfing session via the charlotte's web dial-up connection at the library and there was no extra cost for the additional hour of parking you used while your lycos search results loaded.

• Like 4