Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

1 hour ago, alb1no panther said:

Just a nice leisurely weekend stroll...

Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 6.05.56 PM.png

alb1no panther's photo captures the spirit of Piet Mondrian's "Broadway Boogie-Woogie" (1942-43), Museum of Modern Art, but expressed in a subdued color palette like Whistler's Mother (Arrangement in Grey and Black No. 1).

Click open link in new window below to see the original painting:

Edited by QCxpat
include paintings

I hope the board moderator will permit this question, though it isn't entirely on topic:

I greatly appreciate the pictures that y'all put here...I don't often get the time to traverse the City, but this forum enables me to keep up with the latest developments.  Thanks to all who participate.

My question is this (and I know it's simplistic).  Why do these shots look so much better than what I take?  I stick with lesser camera's in the $125-150 range - obviously "you get what you pay for." 

Yet I have a 20 megapixel camera with a mechanical zoom lens that doesn't take great photo's, while another poster might have a 12x camera that takes beautiful, crisp, pictures.  What gives?  Obviously there's more to a great picture than the number of megapixels.  What might that be?

How much do I have to spend on a camera to get a decent picture?  I am a casual, recreational, user,,,

• Like 1